Im a noob and took a bad build to lvl 50 to farm.... Energy/shield need IO help!

KindofaLegend

I'm a noob and I keep hearing there is no way to make this build viable, but I am trying to earn as much influence and merits as possible. Are there any possible builds with IO sets that may make this set viable or strong to farm at least? I picked the wrong power sets for a farming build I guess....

I'm a noob and I keep hearing there is no way to make this build viable, but I am trying to earn as much influence and merits as possible. Are there any possible builds with IO sets that may make this set viable or strong to farm at least? I picked the wrong power sets for a farming build I guess....

Not really.  The best it can do is on par with the worst the typical farming builds can achieve.  Just use it to get you some starting coin to get basic IO's for running a farming brute leveled and just go from there.  Shouldn't take you too long to do this and level it up depending on your playtime.

Energy I think only has one multi target power, Shield has one offensive one as well. IMO you need more than that to be effective. With that said, whether or not it is the 'wrong' combo is subjective. There's nothing wrong with that combo but there are others that are way more efficient.

I've been playing this game since beta and can't ever recall seeing as many Spines/Fire or Fire/Spines combos. They are good and kill pretty fast.

Since you're new I'd suggest you go an alternate route and choose Bio Armor. Spines, Staff, Titan Weapons and Savage Melee are really good. I will try to locate my builds but I took all these builds to 50+ to break up the farming monotony.

Spines/Bio is the only one I re-created so far. He has no problem farming any of the fire farms although my preference are the Comic Con farms. He also has no issue on S/L farms (Comic Con S/L version). Occasionally when I need quick normal XP rates I breeze through the Unai Kenan Council mission a few times.

All these are done at +4/x8 and my only regret is that there is an aggro cap.