Plant Controller vs Defender

drgantz

I want to make a plant themed support character.

I wish that I could make a reverse controller, but that isn't possible.

I'm thinking of a Plant/Nature Controller or a Nature Defender.  Not sure which attack for the Defender, maybe Water.

I was leaning towards Defender, but realized that Plant Control has a Spirit Tree, which is an ability that summons a tree which enhances Nature abilities.

My main purpose for this toon is to support my group using heals and other support abilities.

Does anyone have an opinion of which I should take?

Both.

No, seriously.  Try both.

When you create the character, skip the tutorial and go right to Atlas Park.  Pick up a couple hours of +100% XP boost, and some of the Premium Enhancements (especially the one with the knockdown proc) to slot into your damaging powers.

Then run DFB.  You should get to 15th or 16th level within two hours, maybe within one.

Then find a lower-level TF (Posi 1, Posi 2, Synapse, or Yin are all within range).  That will give you a good feel for how that archetype will play.

When you've done that for both .... ask yourself, which one was more FUN to play?

Go with that one. :)

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism