The Beast Within: Which 5th Column Transform?

missingsc

Howdy all!

Need some help on this badge. Text says "Defeat 50 of the 5th Column's lycanthrope soldiers after they have transformed." From researching elsewhere on the forums, I know that the Ouroboros Initiation mission arc is a good place to get to 5th column easily, but I don't know which 5th mobs transform. Can someone help me out on which ones I should be focusing on?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 hours ago, missingsc said:

Howdy all!

Need some help on this badge. Text says "Defeat 50 of the 5th Column's lycanthrope soldiers after they have transformed." From researching elsewhere on the forums, I know that the Ouroboros Initiation mission arc is a good place to get to 5th column easily, but I don't know which 5th mobs transform. Can someone help me out on which ones I should be focusing on?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Some LTs and Bosses do, even vampyrs.  Not all, though.  It seems to be random.  You just have to run lots of 5th Column content until you get enough of the transforming soldiers/vampyrs for the badge.

Via some research, I found that the Ouroboros mission "Ouroboros Initiation" is a 5th column map that has the right enemies in it for this to count. However, it is only the lieutenant level human enemies that have the possibility of turning that are not named "5th Column Kreiger". I ran the mission on +0x8 and it took about a dozen runs before I got the badge. It was quite a slog.

On 7/11/2024 at 12:37 PM, Frozen Burn said:

Some LTs and Bosses do, even vampyrs.  Not all, though.  It seems to be random.  You just have to run lots of 5th Column content until you get enough of the transforming soldiers/vampyrs for the badge.

Yeah, I do believe it's randomized.  I've had a particular type of dead mob transform upon death and then in the very next group of mobs, same type, same level, it doesn't transform.  Having had this experience multiple times, I have to believe there is some randomization element to it.

I will say, though, I still enjoy the change that makes more of these guys do that (and do damage upon self-rezzing).  I know some just find it tiresome, but for me at least, it adds a bit of fun to fighting the same old.

• Thumbs Up 1