Sumerian Six: Weird Science Supers vs. Nazis

This game in development caught my eye while looking around Steam this evening.

Sumerian Six:  Basically a Weird Science/Magic superhero tale with a WWII setting.  The video will give the details.

Page quote: "Lead an unlikely team of commando scientists behind enemy lines to fight Nazis, uncover arcane mysteries, and wield experimental technology to turn the tide of WWII in this real-time tactical stealth adventure."

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1429850/Sumerian_Six/

I've never had my hopes lifted so quickly or dashed so completely.  For a brief moment, I thought maybe this was about ancient Mesopotamian heroes (resurrected or immortal - either would work for me) showing up to fight history's greatest bad guys.  Turns out they're all just snarky characters with doubtful gimmicks that they seem too eager to show off.

Ah, well.  For a moment, at least, I could imagine that "The Werebear" was actually Enkidu, and no one, no one, can take that moment away from me.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

I've never had my hopes lifted so quickly or dashed so completely.  For a brief moment, I thought maybe this was about ancient Mesopotamian heroes

1 hour ago, Triumphant said:

Well, one does wonder where the "Sumerian" bit comes in, I suppose.  It does look like a pretty cool game, though.

If you'll take a second look at the opening shot in the trailer, the Six are examining murals in what appears to be a Babylonian or Sumerian set of ruins.  I'm guessing it's the setting for the game's story, or at least a major plot point.  Considering the villains are trying to release a demon, presumably Sumerian, there may be other supernaturals that will come into play.