The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Would you skip "One with the shield"

So i went through a lot of the builds in the forums and saw that most, if not all, use One with the shield - now i've never been a fan of the "drop" of the T-9 panic buttons. it forces you to stop/slow down considerably , the added resist is quite nice but even without it i can hit 40%ish resist on most damage types (smashing and lethal are at 80%) doesnt seem worth it to me, am i missing something?

One with the Shield is one of those 2.0 t9s. It's only a -60% end drain at the end, which most well built toons should be able to shrug off.
It's also an easy one slot pick if you need to mule some unique IO, which can even help a little if you find yourself in a spot where you actually need it.

edit: That said, you definitely do not *have* to take it if you don't feel like it would be something you'd need or use. Doesn't make or break shield/ at all.

Edited by Trash Kitten
  • Like 1

The extra resistance is ok but nothing to write home about. The more important benefits are the hp and recovery boosts, which can both be enhanced. That said, if you've got +hp accolades/set bonuses and have heal enhancements in True Grit, it's possible to run up against the hp cap when you use OWTS. It's worth checking this in Mid's before you slot OWTS. On my scrapper I found that heal enhancements in OWTS were putting me over the cap and weren't doing anything. I think it's more difficult to hit the hp cap on a tank, but I haven't done the math.

By itself, it's not that big a deal, but I think people also use it in a rotation with other boosts like Hybrid Melee incarnate power and Rune of Protection to give more complete coverage with boosted resistances.  Unless you're building for Hard Mode with that, I think it's largely unnecessary.    If you have nothing else to do with a power slot late in the build, it's not a bad thing to have as a panic button and/or single slot to mule some useful one-slot-wonder IO like Gladiator's Armor or Steadfast Protection.

• Moose 1