Tornado portals

I'm wondering if anyone has a creative way to make a portal look like a tornado? Obviously, in my Oklahoma themed base, that would be great.

The best I can do so far is just a standard swirling portal. I tried turning it horizontal, thinking maybe I could add some SFX under it, but then the portal didn't seem to work at all.

Thanks!

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

There's a VFX item I believe it's called Hortha Funnel that might work.  It's got a tornado-ish look to it, but IIRC it has a weird mystical sound effect.  Might give that a try.  You can try hiding an Interdimensional Shard teleporter found under Tech Teleport inside it.

• Like 1

• Retired Community Rep
Posted (edited)

Zac's idea is good; you could add some swirling debris from fx as well to give it more of a tornado feel. I'd also go thru all the fx to see if any appeal to your particular aesthetics more. Directional fogcan work well....this was done by another player. a05ece7732c66895b8150b7f9b63a287.gif

Edited by Dacy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 7/21/2024 at 3:14 PM, Dacy said:

Zac's idea is good; you could add some swirling debris from fx as well to give it more of a tornado feel. I'd also go thru all the fx to see if any appeal to your particular aesthetics more. Directional fogcan work well....this was done by another player. a05ece7732c66895b8150b7f9b63a287.gif

Hole-y Lighthouses, Batman!  That is awesome!

• Like 2