The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

+RANGE AND PROC CHANCE

Lazarus

2 hours ago, arcane said:

No. Proc chance is based on radius, not range. Radius does not change with range enhancement.

ok good point,...and TANKS GAUNTLET?,...that does increase radius

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

ok good point,...and TANKS GAUNTLET?,...that does increase radius

It does but the formula is based on base radius I guess. Tankers maintain their proc rates in spite of their radius increase.

I’m too toasted atm to explain why if anyone wants to take over from here.

13 hours ago, arcane said:

I’m too toasted atm to explain why if anyone wants to take over from here.

I think it's basically the same reason that global +recharge doesn't affect proc rates either:  Proc rates don't take global strength modifiers into account.  Only base+enhancement values.  So Alpha slot recharge enhancement affects proc rates.  LotG:+rech does not.   And in the same way, since Tanker Gauntlet is a global strength modifier, it's just not considered in the calculation.

As a result, Tanker PBAoEs that are 15ft radius and excluded from Gauntlet, like Foot Stomp, have slightly worse proc rates than 10ft radius PBAoEs that are expanded to 15ft by Gauntlet, such as Ice Melee's Frozen Aura or Staff Fighting's Eye of the Storm.

Note, this applies the same way to Gauntlet's arc improvement as well.  Normally, proc rates are negatively affected the wider a cone is.  But just like radius, Gauntlet's global arc strength improvement doesn't impact proc rates.  

• Thumbs Up 1