The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Do the Defensive Pet Aura Enhancements work for Crabberminds?

I'm talking about Edict of the Master, Sovereign Right, Call to Arms and Expedient Reinforcements... they all have an Enhancement that provide you with an aura boosting your pets' defense or resistance. On Masterminds, they're all basically mandatory, but do they work on the Crab Spider's pet spiderbots? The wording seems *really* inconsistent. It's described as a 'Pet Defense Aura', in-game, which SHOULD work on any kind of pets, and half of them are from the 'recharge-intensive pets' sets, which are pointless for a Mastermind. But the DESCRIPTION then specifies that they only apply to HENCHMEN, which I believe is ONLY the Mastermind-pets. So... is there any point in taking those on your Crabbermind? Or not?

Tossed together a quick Crab build on Beta to test and it looks like they do get the buffs from unique pet IO auras. Edict, CtA, Sovereign and Expedient provide +def/+res to the Arachnobot Blaster, Spiderlings, Arachnobot Disruptors and Lore pets. They even work on temp pets like Signature Summons and Backup Radio. Can check by right clicking on your pets and viewing their Combat Attributes. 

image.thumb.png.2b7c0df84ddbcef9fe2c559df4afb91a.png

So, then, the question is... Is it worth slotting all 4 for the +10% Defense and +20% Resistance? Given how slot hungry the powers already are?

E.g. I'm running the 2 Recharge Intensive Uniques, but elected to 3x 2-slot the Purple Pet set to bring enhancement values up on my Crab... Should I be looking to swap in the two other unique enhancements?

Death is the best debuff.

7 hours ago, Errants said:

So, then, the question is... Is it worth slotting all 4 for the +10% Defense and +20% Resistance? Given how slot hungry the powers already are?

E.g. I'm running the 2 Recharge Intensive Uniques, but elected to 3x 2-slot the Purple Pet set to bring enhancement values up on my Crab... Should I be looking to swap in the two other unique enhancements?

If your running a crab with both pet picks available and end up taking the epic pet then yes, slot all of the uniques, its not too hard to fit them all in if you 6 slot all the pets and you can still make them perma, survivability matters when they end up providing most of your damage.

Well, now that I know it'll actually WORK, I'm definitely taking them. I've had a lot of trouble with my spideybots just getting CREAMED in high-level play, dying long before they're set to expire. And at that point, having them 'perma' is pretty meaningless! So thanks for the info...