The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

PSA - odd issue with control and ... citrix?

Just throwing this out there as an odd issue I ran across recently.

So I'm on vacation, and with the ... mess... recently I decided to check work email. Which meant (for convenience's sake) throwing Citrix Workspace on this system.

Once I did so, with app protection (not sure if important,) the rollover on my (Corsair K95) keyboard stopped working. As in... you can usually hit (say) W and A to start heading to the side while moving forward. It wouldn't do that. One would cancel the other.  Tested on other systems, worked fine, restarted system - no go,  reset keyboard, killed software, same thing, put keyboard on another system... worked fine.

"Last thing I put on was Citrix." Removed it, restarted PC... and it worked fine.

Throwing this out there just as an oddity. I can't even guarantee putting Citrix back on would do it again. (And, really... I want to keep work as far from this system as I can. I'm on vacation!)

(Details:

Citrix Workspace app 2405, released July 8.

Win11 pro 22631

Z690 Aero G DDR4

I5-13600k,

32 Gb RAM,

EVGA nVidia RTX 3070 TI, current drivers.)

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Call it a bad day, I read into what was written some attitude that wasn't there. Sorry, SK.

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1

• Game Master

I don't know if you two have a history, but I'm not seeing snark just standard troubleshooting, which can sound condescending, but the troubleshooter usually doesn't know what's been done and the sophistication of the person with the problem.

Posted (edited)

Is this reproduceable: Yes.

I *suspect* it's the "app protection" option in Citrix, as its description includes, in part, watching for keyloggers.

The interaction isn't just limited to COH, by the way. Part of what I'd found was an online key rollover test.  (https://www.mechanical-keyboard.org/key-rollover-test/d)

Start the test and - without Citrix - hold down (say) W and A - both will start up.

Reinstall citrix, enable protection and restart the PC, and it will swap between them instead of letting them chord. Even if you exit Citrix (from the system tray.) Even ending all services related to Citrix in task manager.

(Expect edits in a moment.)

Edit: Yes, it's the "app protection" option during the citrix installation. Removed citrix, rebooted, reinstalled without that option and the chording/rollover was not affected.

Edited by Greycat