The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Another post about MA limits

It's another post about confusing limits. 

Outdoor maps usually have many detail slots. For example, we have the Neutropolis neighborhood below.

Aaba9eo.png

It has 33 allowed any detail type (33 Front, 33 Back). My hunch was I could put 33 + 33 details there. I couldn't. When I put 34 patrols, for example, I get errors:

yyvHFj4.png

Maybe it should be "33 allowed any detail type (Front & Back)".

Also, notice the second error message. It turns out, there is also a detail limit for each mission, similar to the ambush limit.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes the description is an error.  Outdoor maps do not have "fronts" or "backs", they are all one thing, so in your example you get 33 only, and only 11 collections.  There is also no way to set what spawns where outdoor, like if you wanted an AV to spawn towards the back of the outdoor map.  That can only be done on the indoor maps.

• Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

Out of curiosity, was this tested on multiple maps?

On 7/22/2024 at 12:13 PM, Jiro Ito said:

Yes the description is an error.  Outdoor maps do not have "fronts" or "backs", they are all one thing, so in your example you get 33 only, and only 11 collections.  There is also no way to set what spawns where outdoor, like if you wanted an AV to spawn towards the back of the outdoor map.  That can only be done on the indoor maps.

Only partially true.  Maps that have a defined indoor/outdoor split usually have the the outdoors as the Front and the indoors as the Middle and/or Back.

Pretty sure that bug is unique to the Praetorian maps. I encountered that one ages ago myself.

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc