The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Ninja / Bow more oomf

So I am really liking my ninja MM, but the bow just ....is boring. It's awful. The animations are lackluster, the sounds are lackluster, it feel wimpy.

I dunno how much work it'd be, maybe you could steal em from other things (like spinny whip) but would it be too much to give it some animations that ...I dunno, fit a ninja? Flip and shoot? Jump and shoot? Literally anything other than stand still, rigid, shoot, repeat for all 3 attacks.

... I think you have ninja and circus performer confused. I'm not going to oppose a request for alternate animations, however, I will oppose the OP if this is a request to just flat replace the existing animations though.

(Edit: Also, you already can jump and shoot. Just jump and hit your attack after you start your jump. It's actually a good way to draw enemies to you. You stand where you can shoot them at max range, jump to cover, and fire your weapon as you jump so that you land behind cover, the enemy is hit, and runs towards you.) (Edit again: And if you took the Ninja Run power from START, then you can even do a flip before you fire your bow.)

Edited by Rudra

31 minutes ago, vegeta0585 said:

So I am really liking my ninja MM, but the bow just ....is boring. It's awful. The animations are lackluster, the sounds are lackluster, it feel wimpy.

I dunno how much work it'd be, maybe you could steal em from other things (like spinny whip) but would it be too much to give it some animations that ...I dunno, fit a ninja? Flip and shoot? Jump and shoot? Literally anything other than stand still, rigid, shoot, repeat for all 3 attacks.

You are certainly free to suggest whatever you like, but, unless I'm misremembering things, your MM is not, themselves, a ninja - they are the leader, which is why you support your minions with a bow and arrow, and they are the ones that use martial arts/swords, caltrops, and stealth...

That being said, play a character with the full archery blast set - things like the explosive or flaming arrow have a lot more oomph!

Edited by biostem

On 7/23/2024 at 5:31 PM, biostem said:

You are certainly free to suggest whatever you like, but, unless I'm misremembering things, your MM is not, themselves, a ninja - they are the leader, which is why you support your minions with a bow and arrow, and they are the ones that use martial arts/swords, caltrops, and stealth...

That being said, play a character with the full archery blast set - things like the explosive or flaming arrow have a lot more oomph!

I mean it says:
"You are known by many names... Sensei, Shogun, Kage, Lord. What you are is a Master of the most deadly assassins the world has ever seen... You are a Ninja Master. Command your Ninja Henchmen and even train them in new weapons and techniques. Ninjas have superior reflexes and can even super leap. Their training makes them highly resistant to Confusion. Ninja Henchmen cannot be resurrected."

On 7/23/2024 at 5:13 PM, Rudra said:

... I think you have ninja and circus performer confused. I'm not going to oppose a request for alternate animations, however, I will oppose the OP if this is a request to just flat replace the existing animations though.

(Edit: Also, you already can jump and shoot. Just jump and hit your attack after you start your jump. It's actually a good way to draw enemies to you. You stand where you can shoot them at max range, jump to cover, and fire your weapon as you jump so that you land behind cover, the enemy is hit, and runs towards you.) (Edit again: And if you took the Ninja Run power from START, then you can even do a flip before you fire your bow.)

replace the what? ONE animation? all 3 are the exact same animation cept one shoots 3 arrows, there's no difference in how they're shot tho. It's ONE animation for all 3 attacks.

14 minutes ago, vegeta0585 said:

replace the what? ONE animation? all 3 are the exact same animation cept one shoots 3 arrows, there's no difference in how they're shot tho. It's ONE animation for all 3 attacks.

Again, if you want the option of an alternate animation, then I support the proposal. If you want the current animations to be simply replaced? Then I oppose the proposal. You can want something different, just don't try to take away what others may be enjoying. And I for one do not want my Ninja/Dark Mastermind to suddenly turn into a circus acrobat every time I fire my bow. It's what I hate about Dual Pistols, that we don't have a non-circus performer animation option.

And also again, if you just want your character to jump and shoot when you fire your bow? Then hit the space bar to jump before you hit your attack. And if you want your character to do a flip and shoot when you fire your bow? Then you can accomplish that by taking Ninja Run (available for free from the START vendor if you have not taken any other run power from them yet), and when you jump, wait for the flip at the top, and then hit your attack.

• Thumbs Up 1