Oceanic costuming elements

With marine, water, and even ice power sets across several archetypes, there's a lot of water in the game at the moment.  Might I request we get some new costuming elements to reflect these? 

Chest Detail:  I'm thinking along the lines of  something akin to chest bandoliers, but seaweed, kelp or netting entangled with these, and not necessarily in a tidy X pattern.  Instead of skulls use barnacles, starfish, and the other clingy things of the sea.  Instead of the clean metallic Ascension/Basic, go for a messier look of barnacles covered by coral.

Shoulders:  Kelp strands piled on shoulders and hanging down. Starfish.  Fisherman's netting torn and hanging off the shoulders. Low, broad sea anemones (But not the tall ones.  We've enough shoulder pieces that are ridiculously tall as is). Coral hugging the character's form.  Kelp wrapped around upper arms instead of chains.  Even eels wrapping upper arms instead of Organic Armor.

Back: instead of wicker basket #2 with an arm hanging out, make a lobster trap with either a moray eel or a lobster trying to get out.

Head:  Nautilus shell helmet.  Composite helmet with several oceanic items, barnacles, starfish, and the like forming a compiled structure, possibly with variations where one or two items are missing.  Salvaged crab shell cap.

Legs/boots: seaweed wraps

One suggestion not ocean based,  This for those wanting to make a tech, natural, or possibly science effect for spraying water or chemicals.  Costume elements showing tubing hugging the costume.  Either pointing back to a canister back feature, or possibly having small canisters on various body parts.  For example, small canisters on the shoulders with tubing running the length of the upper arms as a shoulder feature, with compatible gloves having connective tubing running to a knuckle nozzle.  Thin canisters strapped to the outside of thighs and/or boots with tubing running upwards, and a chest detail showing tubing directed to the upper arms or shoulders where it would connect in the rest of the apparatus.  Alternatively, show replacement canisters strapped to the thighs or boots, implying the character would change these out with the shoulder canisters as needed. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Techwright said:

Chest Detail:  I'm thinking along the lines of  something akin to chest bandoliers, but seaweed, kelp or netting entangled with these, and not necessarily in a tidy X pattern.  Instead of skulls use barnacles, starfish, and the other clingy things of the sea.  Instead of the clean metallic Ascension/Basic, go for a messier look of barnacles covered by coral.

Use the plant chest detail, you can color it brown, a pale green to dark green, a pale red, and even some purples, and call it seaweed -- you can find all those colors if you look online.

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Use the plant chest detail, you can color it brown, a pale green to dark green, a pale red, and even some purples, and call it seaweed -- you can find all those colors if you look online.

Yes, I looked that over and...sort of...maybe?  but it really is a broad leaf and kelp and seaweed are more like:

?url=http:%252F%252Fnpr-brightspot.s3.am

Of course, seaweed is kind of a catch-all term, so perhaps there's a broad leaf kind somewhere.

On 8/5/2024 at 1:35 PM, Techwright said:

Yes, I looked that over and...sort of...maybe?  but it really is a broad leaf and kelp and seaweed are more like:

You just need to do some digging into images; there are plenty of wide-blade seaweeds, in various colors from green to reddish to brown, so you can just handwave it as generic 'seaweed' instead of getting finicky about the genus and species.

• Like 1

I wonder how difficult it would be to add the Coralax "hair" & gloves/hands as costume pieces players can use, (not to mention the shoulders and hip/waist parts):

File:Coralax Green Hybrid.jpg

And the Red Hybrid looks more like kelp/seaweed:

File:Coralax Red Hybrid.jpg

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 1