New Powerset for Archetypes

12 minutes ago, Wingslord24 said:

My point is regards of what the gun looks like it's still tech-based first then whatever you explain it to be second.

by your definition, all weapon sets imply technology origin. swords, axes, maces, shields, all of those things had to be invented and fabricated and presupposes the technological advancements necessary to being able to discover and use them. so samurai are coded as being technology origin, along with police officers and soldiers.

don't You see why powersets inspired by origin isn't as good an idea as just creating alternate animations for already extant powersets to make them more witchy? imo, i prefer being able to just declare any power as coming from magic rather than taking a set which defines for me what my magic is and does, or even implying that my character is "less magic" than another character that happened to pick the Super Wizardry powerset.

• Like 1

done with the Moogle "community" here. since they obviously don't care about anything lore wise and poop on people who do.  Moogle backstory guide might be uploaded in a 3rd location when i finish the revision. no, it may not be put on the wiki, and what was there of my first one has been REMOVED! please do not reupload. i'm not giving the people here the benefit of the work just to be pooped on and told "lol, let people play how they want, f you." (you can than xXLimpBizkitFanXx, KupoKaiser, daRealSid, boxdestroyer2002, OwlBoy, BrayCat, ButtStroke420, Spencer Gifts LLC, president obama, the San Antonio police Department, my mom not letting me use the computer room after 9pm, GM_Vietnam, Sharkey, DanceDanceCommunistRevolution, my wife's boyfriend Carl, ChronicIBS, shortstackgoblin, sharif for not liking it, Rusty Shackleford, harshBDSMmaster, AcceptAllCookies, BundleOfSchticks, Stygian Owl, Farticus_Rex, Cockroach Girl, Oranbega_Beggar, The People's Democratic Republic of Glendale, GoDaddydotCom, ClarrisaExplains: it all, My Chemical Gluten Allergy, Square Phoenix, Sharkey ((again)), and the rest for making that very clear.)

6 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

You can't just be wrong and then say "you made my point". That's not how it works. 

I made MY point.

You're not understanding that a gun is a form of technology, so regardless of the origin you choose, it will inherently involve some level of technological influence.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Owl Girl said:

by your definition, all weapon sets imply technology origin. swords, axes, maces, shields, all of those things had to be invented and fabricated and presupposes the technological advancements necessary to being able to discover and use them. so samurai are coded as being technology origin, along with police officers and soldiers.

don't You see why powersets inspired by origin isn't as good an idea as just creating alternate animations for already extant powersets to make them more witchy? imo, i prefer being able to just declare any power as coming from magic rather than taking a set which defines for me what my magic is and does, or even implying that my character is "less magic" than another character that happened to pick the Super Wizardry powerset.

Unfortunately, we will not agree.

2 minutes ago, Wingslord24 said:

You're not understanding that a gun is a form of technology, so regardless of the origin you choose, it will inherently involve some level of technological influence.

Not necessarily. Again, go look at the available gun models. There are magic guns in the game.

• Like 1

costumes are a form of technology. is anyone with a cape technology coded, or is it just that we live in a technological society and so a lot of elements of technology aren't exactly considered to be "super" and are so mundane as to be common. not everybody that picks up a screwdriver has a technology origin!

done with the Moogle "community" here. since they obviously don't care about anything lore wise and poop on people who do.  Moogle backstory guide might be uploaded in a 3rd location when i finish the revision. no, it may not be put on the wiki, and what was there of my first one has been REMOVED! please do not reupload. i'm not giving the people here the benefit of the work just to be pooped on and told "lol, let people play how they want, f you." (you can than xXLimpBizkitFanXx, KupoKaiser, daRealSid, boxdestroyer2002, OwlBoy, BrayCat, ButtStroke420, Spencer Gifts LLC, president obama, the San Antonio police Department, my mom not letting me use the computer room after 9pm, GM_Vietnam, Sharkey, DanceDanceCommunistRevolution, my wife's boyfriend Carl, ChronicIBS, shortstackgoblin, sharif for not liking it, Rusty Shackleford, harshBDSMmaster, AcceptAllCookies, BundleOfSchticks, Stygian Owl, Farticus_Rex, Cockroach Girl, Oranbega_Beggar, The People's Democratic Republic of Glendale, GoDaddydotCom, ClarrisaExplains: it all, My Chemical Gluten Allergy, Square Phoenix, Sharkey ((again)), and the rest for making that very clear.)

Just now, Wavicle said:

Not necessarily. Again, go look at the available gun models. There are magic guns in the game.

Regards of look it will always be a form of tech 

Tech/ Magic

Tech/ Living looking 

Gun and weapons are technology-based first read the previous post.

The Assault Rifle is a state-of-the-art piece of hardware. It is equipped to handle an impressive arsenal of munitions and firing modes. The Assault Rifle is also equipped with the latest in targeting technology, and is a very accurate weapon

But you as a player are in no way restricted to that, obviously.

This whole conversation is ridiculous. There are sooo many ways a powerset basically like what has been asked for could be implemented, most likely as an Epic AT, but conceivably in other ways. You just can't have the word Magic in the name. Everything after that is irrelevant.

• Like 1

Regards of look it will always be a form of tech 

Tech/ Magic

Tech/ Living looking 

Gun and weapons are technology-based first read the previous post.

The Assault Rifle is a state-of-the-art piece of hardware. It is equipped to handle an impressive arsenal of munitions and firing modes. The Assault Rifle is also equipped with the latest in targeting technology, and is a very accurate weapon

I don't think you want to go deep into the flavor text argument. You're going to run head-first into the fact that Fire Breath can come from your palm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

But you as a player are in no way restricted to that, obviously.

This whole conversation is ridiculous. There are sooo many ways a powerset basically like what has been asked for could be implemented, most likely as an Epic AT, but conceivably in other ways. You just can't have the word Magic in the name. Everything after that is irrelevant.

You do realize that the word "basically" was unnecessary in the sentence? It disrupts the flow and makes the sentence harder to read.

4 minutes ago, megaericzero said:

I don't think you want to go deep into the flavor text argument. You're going to run head-first into the fact that Fire Breath can come from your palm.

We are not talking about fire breath @megaericzero A gun cannot do what you stated without a user. Stay on Topic Sir.

Pat pat

Edited by Wingslord24

You do realize that the word "basically" was unnecessary in the sentence? It disrupts the flow and makes the sentence harder to read.

You do realize that this entire comment was unnecessary in the thread? It disrupts the flow and makes it your subsequent comments easier to ignore.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3