Fire/Fire damage build

Nativepaul

Hi all, I normally duo with another blaster that we roll though content with and to do that I have a defense based build, but sadly they have been on less of late and I've been doing full teams more, while I am a good damage dealer I cant help but think that built for defense i'm leaving some damage on the table, and given that there is normally a tank/brute/scrapper to take agro and some support to buff/debuff, I should make a third build that is a glass cannon blaster of old,  focused on damage instead of defense.  It's a build that will likely only be used on +4x8 content with full teams so solo ability isn't important,  and while I want decent single target damage, AoE damage is more important to me.

I've never really made a damage focused build before, all my toons  have at least one form of defense soft capped, so I could really use some help even for the basic stuff when it comes to slotting, do I slot for damage bonuses, damage procs, recharge bonuses?  focus strongly on 1,  a combination of 2, or a little of all 3?

I include my current build for perusal, I'm pretty happy with it and is is there mainly to give you more insight in to my blapping playstyle, but if you see big holes in it feel free to let me know what changes you would make to that as well as this new build.

I'm pretty sure I should ditch web cacoon which is a useful but seldom used defense mule, for hot feet, 

Probably swap scorcery for blazing bolt and combat jump.

Likely swap maneuvers for assault., and put its slots into blazing bolt

Can consume be tuned into a nuke with procs given its long recharge? if so maybe i should ditch the epic, or i've only really looked into mace for the defense, is thare an epic that offers good damage to a fire /fire blaster?

I could probably take the slots out of fire blast, as with blaze, blazing bolt and fire sword i doubt i will need to use a 4th single target attack with less damage

HOMECOMING Mr Meaner FIRE BLAST Hasten.mbd

Am I on the right track with this? or heading in the wrong direction , I did look at swapping scorpion shield for consume but even procced out it would be my lowest damage AoE and with this recharge fire sword circle burn and consume look like they will chain, so consume would only be a mule for an obliteration 3% damage bonus.

I know i needlesly have  ring of fire, but this was based on an old build when you had to take it, and by the time i noticed the build was done and it was too late, I'd swap that for super jump, and put the BOTZ from CJ in SJ freeing up a slot that i would likely put in health, to take the preventative medicine proc from cauterizing wounds, leaving space for more damage or end.

HOMECOMING Mr Meaner FIRE BLAST damage.mbd

It looks like we have different playstyles, as you have firebreath fully slotted, but your melee powers not, I'm guessing you play mainly ranged?

I see you have bonfire instead of fire sword circle, how worthwhile is it now since the nerf, does it knockdown enough to avoid runners still or is it just a legacy power?

23 hours ago, Nativepaul said:

It looks like we have different playstyles, as you have firebreath fully slotted, but your melee powers not, I'm guessing you play mainly ranged?

I see you have bonfire instead of fire sword circle, how worthwhile is it now since the nerf, does it knockdown enough to avoid runners still or is it just a legacy power?

Yeahhh just let me make you a Fire build. Or get one from the discord. 

More importantly what do you want it to do? As in what content?

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 9/13/2024 at 8:54 AM, Nativepaul said:

My fire blaster has a deep strategy.  Aim buildup jump i to the largest spawn NUKE jump into next spawn incarnate NUKE. Look at large spawn 60 ft away drop both AoE Rains.  Start ST and fireball anybody that is alive and running towards me and not away.  It is subtle but it works

Fire is the only primary i can get away with this.

The huge dps allows me to play like a Brute even though have no armor and little defense.  Dead things do not attack back.  When mistakes are made (rare but happens) there is Rise of Phoenix.  

I do not take melee attacks.  It is just out of pure disrespect.  Why do i need to walk up to you to kill you?  I can do that from 80’ away.  

But the toon just runs into every fight.  Preferably first.  No Tank, no Brute etc.   i have joined fire farms with him and not died.  ( small data set but it worked for half hour!). That had tanks/ brutes but i regularly jumped to next spawn first.  Did not die 

Edited by Snarky

I wish we'd just make a post called Fire/fire builds and pin it since it's such a popular combo. It seems every week someone is asking for a build.

It'll help de-clutter this forum and make way for more interesting builds. such as my storm/elec cyclon panda with whirlwind 😀

I suppose I'll post something useful as well. I looked at both your builds. I have the same types of comments on your build as my comments on this one:

Edited by Nemu
  • Thumbs Up 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!