screen resolution issues

myarkstir

I installed the game earlier and encountered an issue (or two :P )

First it would not let me set it to my monitor's normal resolution which is 3840 x2160 .

I fiddled a bit and then I had about 60% of the upper left screen appearing and could no longer get to the settings button to change it back.

I tried to find the settings file but couldn't.

Now on top  of that it gave me a wrong version so I am reinstalling it now completely.

Anyone can tell me what went wrong here? Am thinking of going in the 1900 range of resolutions as it seemed to work in safemode. (Safemode refused to save the settings sadly).

Any help would be welcome and awesome :)

Tx in advance folks.

Screwy res can be fixed by alt+enter to switch modes, so you can click on the settings button and also right clicking on the launcher, Tequila shortcut or Island Rum shortcut, and clicking properties/compatibility tab and make sure to checkmark "Disable display scaling  on high dpi setting". click apply and ok.

Also interested in the fix here; I'm having the same problem of the image shifting off screen when I change the resolution and can't get it re-centered. Playing in Windowed mode for now.

Same issue here with offset image on fullscreen. Haven't found a fix yet.

Also interested in the fix here; I'm having the same problem of the image shifting off screen when I change the resolution and can't get it re-centered. Playing in Windowed mode for now.

Disable display scaling on the launcher Tequila  or Island Rum you can do the same on the coh.exe too.

Disable display scaling on the launcher Tequila  or Island Rum you can do the same on the coh.exe too.

Solved the offset image resolution problem for anyone else who also don't see the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" option in their Properties > Compatibility tab for Tequila.exe, score.exe, cityofheroes.exe, etc (this is what we instead see, Windows 10).

Start > PC settings > System > Display > under "Scale and Layout," change the dropdown option for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to the recommended setting (100% in my case).

Restart Tequila.exe

Play SCORE

Now you can set your resolution in-game to your desktop's native resolution in fullscreen without losing one side of the screen!

box.jpg.dadc346ad9325e0e2d732d29768fb4fd.jpg

I had issues in Win 10 1809 as well.  This solved it for me:

Right click the Score.exe in your game folder and select properties

Go to Compatibility>Change High DPI Settings

Select both check boxes

Click Ok

Click Apply

Click Ok

Launch Tequila and connect to game

Log into game and get to a zone with a character, doesn't matter which but do not change your screen setting until you are actually in the game

Set the game to Windowed in the Graphics options

Quit and restart game

You are windowed but you can maximize it to make the most of your real estate. 

My laptop uses an AMD Ratheon Vega 8 onboard graphics chip and this was the only thing that worked for me.  My wife has an intel chip and all she needed to do was run it in Windowed mode without the other rigamaroll, but he laptop is two years old while mine is just a few months.