Usefulness in Incarnate Content

khy

I've seen so many posts about comparing the different primaries/secondaries for the low game, but I'm curious - How useful are Masterminds with Incarnate content? I heard that the pets were nigh useless so they received a buff that levels them up to the same level as the MM, but is that enough to really put them on at least the same stage as most other ATs? What are the pros and cons of the different primaries for incarnate content?

Also i've heard that some secondaries (such as FF) severely suffer in endgame because everyone ends up with capped out def/res. Which Secondaries drop to the bottom of the barrel when you hit 50? I imagine that enemy debuffs tend to retain their usefulness when buffs fall down in theirs?

I do not have a 50 but I did ask a similar question about FF a while ago. This post has a lot of good info.  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,4484.msg33485.html#msg33485

I have also heard that MM pets are fairly useless in certain encounters.  Due to them almost instantly dying. 

However from theory. Not all sets can do everything.  So you have to decide what you want to do. 

From reading the defender boards they seem hyped up about any -res powers as they are damage amplifiers.  So I’m lead to believe that any MM primary or secondary that can lay down -res will always be useful.    I don’t have access to the skills as I’m on vacation watching glaciers in Alaska.  But I think sonic has a -res and also Nature.   

mm's have a harder time than most in dark astoria until you can get the +incarnate level tiers of powers, and even then still have a rough time of it. there is just a metric butt-ton of tohit and damage in that content.

it can be discouraging until you get your incarnate abilities up.