This Was Your Life...? [ID: 64453] Heroic

This Was Your Life...?
ID: 64453

Architect Entertainment has announced that you can now use their holograms to re-live the events of your own past! Take a whirlwind tour of your favorite hero's triumphs and tragedies! (But be advised, there may still be a few bugs in the system...)

Length: Very Long
Morality: Heroic
Level Range: Starts out 1-10, then gradually ramps up to 40-54 for the final mission.
Two missions contain Archvillains, but you get (optional) helpers.
One mission is Defeat All, but it's a small-ish bank map.

Kind of meta and a little bit goofy, but hopefully has some fun surprises along the way. Enjoy!

• Thumbs Up 1

This is an interesting one: Ms. Liberty invites you to use the AE system to re-live the adventures that led to you becoming a hero, which starts in the sewers and soon leads to you murdering prisoners while having a threesome with Fusionette and Echidna, or something like that. This is an intriguing plot, but sadly the ending is a letdown.

No spelling errors, no kill-alls or other time wasters. The writing is a bit sparse, but still well done with several funny touches.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Kyksie said:

starts in the sewers and soon leads to you murdering prisoners while having a threesome with Fusionette and Echidna, or something like that.

This description is probably the best advertising I could ask for. 😄 

Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2024 at 4:21 PM, Kyksie said:

This is an intriguing plot, but sadly the ending is a letdown.

I didn't see it that way, perhaps because I didn't see it coming.  I thought it was kind of interesting, 

Anyway, well crafted mission well-presented, no swarms of typos or anything.  Also blessedly free of Clues (this is a personal thing, and while I know how important they can be for getting across some parts of stories, I feel they really do just make everything grind to a halt when you have to stop and click to read them).

• Thumbs Up 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Fun arc.  You had me at "[Note: Contains an Archvillain, but Fusionette will be there to help.  If that counts as help.]"

I found the ending fairly satisfying, but agree that it might have been...I don't know, explained just a bit more at the end.  It's so hard for character dialog to do heavy lifting on plot resolution when you've got all those battle messages scrolling by. 

But overall, a fun, well-written arc.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Zhym said:

Fun arc.  You had me at "[Note: Contains an Archvillain, but Fusionette will be there to help.  If that counts as help.]"

I found the ending fairly satisfying, but agree that it might have been...I don't know, explained just a bit more at the end.  It's so hard for character dialog to do heavy lifting on plot resolution when you've got all those battle messages scrolling by. 

But overall, a fun, well-written arc.

Worth mentioning that all the AVs scaled properly to EBs, which doesn't always happen.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2