Gravity/Marine ??

Switch8

It really depends on what you want from marine I just got about everything depending on your playstyle you could use tides wormhole shoal rush then you're grab lockdown powers or assuming you'd have Barrier reef and shifting tides up is soothing chant still there or do they swap it with something if not I would be skippable on a controller, Brine isn't very useful either all it does is lower max HP. White Cap is fun cuz it lowers their things you can also put procs including that FF recharge I did put a KB to KD in there too Marine is a very versatile set.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, terrasmash said:

Brine isn't very useful either all it does is lower max HP.

Firstly, that -Max HP debuff is great for AVs

Secondly, it also does a good bit of -resistance.

• Like 1
  • Microphone 2

What this team needs is more Defenders

10 hours ago, terrasmash said:

It really depends on what you want from marine I just got about everything depending on your playstyle you could use tides wormhole shoal rush then you're grab lockdown powers or assuming you'd have Barrier reef and shifting tides up is soothing chant still there or do they swap it with something if not I would be skippable on a controller, Brine isn't very useful either all it does is lower max HP. White Cap is fun cuz it lowers their things you can also put procs including that FF recharge I did put a KB to KD in there too Marine is a very versatile set.

im thinking cap 75 s/l res 45 def s/l  good recharge  lots of kb to kd ios  the usual was just curious how marine side looks with slotting  ive got probly 25 controller or more jsut new to marine 

15 hours ago, Psyonico said:

Firstly, that -Max HP debuff is great for AVs

Secondly, it also does a good bit of -resistance.

Resistance is the main draw. The -MaxHP is flat rather than percentage driven, best case you'll be decreasing the target's HP by a bit shy of 500HP. A level 50 AV has 28271.7 HP.

4 hours ago, Switch8 said:

im thinking cap 75 s/l res 45 def s/l  good recharge  lots of kb to kd ios  the usual was just curious how marine side looks with slotting  ive got probly 25 controller or more jsut new to marine 

I doubt you'll be hitting both the Resistance hardcap and Defense Softcap with a Grav/Marine without some major build compromises (particularly damage procs and global recharge). That said, you can definitely get one or the other whilst raising Singy's damage resistances up to the 90% mark... and spamming both Fold Space + Wormhole to deposit foes directly into an uberbuffed KB>KD Singy is hilarious.

zController - Grav - Marine.mbd 

• Developer
On 10/8/2024 at 10:17 AM, Maelwys said:

The -MaxHP is flat rather than percentage driven, best case you'll be decreasing the target's HP by a bit shy of 500HP. A level 50 AV has 28271.7 HP.

Brine's -MaxHP debuff stacks per use. Another way to look at it is that you have a 500 damage attack.

10 minutes ago, Player-1 said:

Brine's -MaxHP debuff stacks per use. Another way to look at it is that you have a 500 damage attack.

AFAIK that's only true as long as you've not actually dealt any damage to the target from regular non-Brine attacks?

The -MaxHP debuff Brine Inflicts is flat, but the actual "damage" that ends up being subtracted from your target's red bar scales down in proportion to their current HP as per player testing. And I suspect that's an intentional result of how MaxHP debuffs/buffs operate rather than a bug.

Using the numbers in that linked video as a functional example:

[Casting Brine whenever your target is at 100% HP]
After -282.56 MaxHP debuff (Brine x1) 

--> CurrentHP 584.84/584.84 HP (=282.56 "damage dealt" by Brine)
image.png.f8c850bb224e260f6913e06264ad705f.png
After -565.12 MaxHP debuff (Brine x2) 
--> CurrentHP 302.28/302.28 HP (=282.56 "damage dealt" by Brine)
image.png.84dd6e083396d68c6bf057e39d5bce18.png

[Casting Brine whenever your target is at 43.1% HP]
After -282.56 MaxHP debuff (Brine x1) 
--> CurrentHP 251.9/584.84 HP (=121.7 "damage dealt" by Brine)
image.png.cb357b8010a17806b9779a63aa8289ab.png
After -565.12 MaxHP debuff (Brine x2) 
--> CurrentHP 130.19/302.28 HP (=121.7 "damage dealt" by Brine)
image.png.8b81baea8f32a3ec474fe1950be916b2.png
121.7/282.56 = 43.07, therefore Brine is "dealing" only 43.1% of its regular -MaxHP debuff value as damage in this second example; the same proportion as the target's initial remaining health.

However whenever Brine wears off it seems it also *restores* that HP again instantly (the only attack I'm aware of that kinda-sorta does that is Spectral Wounds). So as it stands you could begin a fight with a GM, use Brine (taking ~500 HP off its current bar) then gradually whittle the GM down with regular attacks; and then whenever that stack of Brine eventually wears off it will instantly gain 500 HP back again. And as you gradually whittle its overall HP down subsequent casting of Brine will do less and less "damage" to it.

Thankfully the -resistance debuff is always helpful and is reason enough to take the power.

On 10/9/2024 at 11:41 AM, Maelwys said:

However whenever Brine wears off it seems it also *restores* that HP again instantly (the only attack I'm aware of that kinda-sorta does that is Spectral Wounds). So as it stands you could begin a fight with a GM, use Brine (taking ~500 HP off its current bar) then gradually whittle the GM down with regular attacks; and then whenever that stack of Brine eventually wears off it will instantly gain 500 HP back again. And as you gradually whittle its overall HP down subsequent casting of Brine will do less and less "damage" to it.

One big advantage to -MaxHP is that it affects the net amount of HP that is Regenerated while the debuff is in place.