Password storage program?

Octogoat

I have bad memory problems. I'm talking about like a gnat. I have forgotten the password to my account four times and only recently remembered the password to my first account. I'm on a shared computer most of the time with ppl I don't exactly trust so saving it to Firefox isn't an option. I also have the problem of remembering my in game passwords. I need help. Does anyone know of an password storage program that takes like a cellphone handshake to open that will show me my password for homecoming?

Anecdotally, my passwords tend be Bible verses. It satisfies most requirements for caps, special symbols and numbers. 

For me, it's fairly simple to remember my "go-to" verses. 

Alternatively, you might try LastPass, but with any of those programs, you still have to remember the "Master" password. 

Unfortunately, it's just the nature of the digital world now.

33 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Anecdotally, my passwords tend be Bible verses. It satisfies most requirements for caps, special symbols and numbers. 

Alternatively, you might try LastPass, but with any of those programs, you still have to remember the "Master" password. 

Unfortunately, it's just the nature of the digital world now.

LastPass is about the last password manager anyone should use, just FYI.  They're about as secure as a box of Cheerios and their security reputation is shot.  Stick with open source ones like Bitwarden or Proton Pass, or if you must use a closed source password manager, 1Password.

6 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

LastPass is about the last password manager anyone should use, just FYI.  They're about as secure as a box of Cheerios and their security reputation is shot.  Stick with open source ones like Bitwarden or Proton Pass, or if you must use a closed source password manager, 1Password.

Appreciate the heads up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2024 at 12:17 PM, Ukase said:

On previous work assignments, I was in charge of generating new passwords when employees forgot theirs.  I had one assignment that bizarrely didn't permit me to force a password change once the employee used what I gave them, and I knew 90% of those folks were not going to change it on their own.  For my part, I wasn't about to give them some shoddy, easily-guessed password, but I needed them to remember so they didn't call me back.  The solution came from the old 20 Questions game of "animal, vegetable, or mineral?".   Just add a number and character.  Employees remembered these better.  At one point I even changed it up a bit and was generating month-based ones for work. For example Cat10Pumpkin!Rock  might serve for October/Halloween (not one that I actually used).