Need Help Maximizing Mobs in AE Missions

SenkanYamato

I've been playing arc #5494 Raven's Fire Farm. Shiva space unique map. It has three click's that spawn mobs. Two spawn eight mobs while one ends the mission and adds six destructible items with mobs and ambushes that follow. This mission gives more influence than any other fire farm I've tried. Comic Con farm gives about 8 million influence while this one gives 11 million.

I've been trying to replicate this with my own ally (ally in Raven's only casts speed boost and dies in seconds) and my own group of foes. Raven's mobs use a lot of ranged attacks and stay back while I stand in my burn patch. I've tried to contact the designer but no reply.

Could someone clue me into how to maximize foe count for the Shiva map?

Certain mission objectives such as captives, destructible objects, and I believe ambushes have the option to set the surrounding enemy group to Easy/Medium/Hard. Choosing the 'Hard' setting actually makes the mob spawn bigger, but usually with more bosses, which is why several farmers don't do it because the mob will take longer to kill (and will possibly become unwieldy with some enemies no longer in range of auras). Supposedly with timing, having the run go faster with less inf ultimately balances out, especially when doing consecutive runs on a speed-focused map like Shiva space.

It should also be said that while ambushes are incredibly useful for farmers because the mobs come to you and have that Easy/Medium/Hard setting, Ambush Farms were among the first types of AE farms cracked down on because they ate resources like no other. This led to the entire Mission Architect system being changed to no longer allow you to spawn multiple ambushes off one trigger. That's why this mission you're talking about has to have so many destructible objects around to spawn singular ambushes. Back in the day, you could spawn the max number of mission details off a glowie click (and murder the server in the process). So, yes, ambushes are useful in farming, but there's a sordid history with them.

Anyway, those are the only reasons I can think of that explain why the map you described was set up in that way (and why there was an inf imbalance). I don't know if you timed yourself clearing the farm, but I have to imagine it would've taken longer than a standard Shiva all-patrols map like Dan Petro's 'Real Story of a Real Big Dawg' arc.

Hope this helped!

Certain mission objectives such as captives, destructible objects, and I believe ambushes have the option to set the surrounding enemy group to Easy/Medium/Hard. Choosing the 'Hard' setting actually makes the mob spawn bigger, but usually with more bosses, which is why several farmers don't do it because the mob will take longer to kill (and will possibly become unwieldy with some enemies no longer in range of auras). Supposedly with timing, having the run go faster with less inf ultimately balances out, especially when doing consecutive runs on a speed-focused map like Shiva space.

It should also be said that while ambushes are incredibly useful for farmers because the mobs come to you and have that Easy/Medium/Hard setting, Ambush Farms were among the first types of AE farms cracked down on because they ate resources like no other. This led to the entire Mission Architect system being changed to no longer allow you to spawn multiple ambushes off one trigger. That's why this mission you're talking about has to have so many destructible objects around to spawn singular ambushes. Back in the day, you could spawn the max number of mission details off a glowie click (and murder the server in the process). So, yes, ambushes are useful in farming, but there's a sordid history with them.

Anyway, those are the only reasons I can think of that explain why the map you described was set up in that way (and why there was an inf imbalance). I don't know if you timed yourself clearing the farm, but I have to imagine it would've taken longer than a standard Shiva all-patrols map like Dan Petro's 'Real Story of a Real Big Dawg' arc.

Hope this helped!

Thanks for the reply.

The mission in question takes about 7 minutes to finish and Comic Con takes 5. I like the bosses. When you have a full AoE build it takes about the same time to kill 3 bosses as it does one. The more XP I can cram into a mission the less I have to reset. I'm going to attempt again to make an AE mission that has the XP and influence as Raven's but has the ally and mobs the way I want them....

• 1 year later

I am having this same problem with a map that I have been working with.  I am using the same maps as Cult's Fire Farm (CFF) map and I cannot get even half of the mobs that is in his mission.  I have played around with the various settings a lot but nothing seems to be upping the mob count.  While the number of mobs per group and type are similar there are only a third to a quarter of the groups.  I am still playing around with it but I don't seem to be making any progress and end up undoing and redoing change after change.

I finally figured out the experience issues that was preventing me from gaining an equivalent amount as in the CFF.