Elec or Ice???

Snarky

I am enjoying blasting again. They fixed some (not all of my pet peeves with Blasters)

I am looking to Incarnate a Blaster that fits my play style which is pure range. I can never find a good concept for guns. Too real world for me.

For level 50 content.  Incarnate TFs tip missions and random radio grinds what plays better Elec or Ice?

Conceptually I tend to favor Ice when I run them at low levels. I have not run either at 50 since back on live and never incarnated one

Thank you for any insight

Ice/Ice and Elec/Elec were my first and second 50s (respectively).  I made those characters before I really knew the game, and by the time I hit 50 on them they were in dire need of respecs.  But they were GREAT learning opportunities.

For playing at pure range, absolutely Ice Blast.  Every single power is ranged (unlike Elec in which you have Short Circuit), and you get two holds, which means you can hold 2 separate enemies or 1 boss, all by level 26.  If you take Ice Manipulation as well, you'll be able to drop Ice Patch at choke points and anything hit by Shiver+Frost Breath will be slow-capped with little enhancement needed.  My Ice/Ice/Cold blaster played like a controller with massive damage output and was very very fun.

I ran Elec^3 exclusively ranged as well.  I didn't really start to feel confident taking on +1/+2 solo with him until lvl 35 when I was able to pick up a second hold (Shocking Bolt) and a second ranged AoE (Static Discharge).  That said, with the new workings of snipes and Zapp being able to be used in-battle now (with enough +To-Hit), you might have an easier time of it.  I still had a lot of fun with the character, but I definitely had an easier time avoiding defeat as the Ice blaster.

You might guess from my name that Scarlet is Elec/Elec/Elec. That's not the best combo and /EM does encourage you to melee a great deal, and some of the Elec Blast powers are PBAoEs. It's difficult not to blap.

I also have an Ice/Energy blaster who's an absolute monster, called Snowfreak. I mean she's a real beast and does a shed-load of damage, hits like a truck but not too many AoEs (though the T9 is a big AoE)

One thing Elec does quite well for a blaster is control so if you're soloing a lot, especially at higher levels you've got three solid holds and some good mitigation - if they can't move, they can't hit you.

Why not play both and see which one you like most?

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

So I tried ice/ice for a day or so through 29.  Not for me I think

I rolled a Elec/Time yesterday and did the DFB salmon run to 18 did a Posi 1 then a Synapse then a Posi 2 and then some kind PLer got me 3 levels in AE. Now at 33.

I like how smooth the character is.  I did a lot more blapping in the Synapse then I like but the PBAoE is vicious against clocks. On the Posi 2 I did not do it. I might slit it up or not but 99% not. I may even drop it from the final build. A sweet power that does not fit my design

I have a four day weekend so this looks like it might be my first 50 in the new world. I really enjoy sitting back and burning stuff down  After running a lot of Energy and Dark I am glad for no KB. Just die do not flop around just die lol

I will be doing more TFs I started him as a red but had Null switch him at level 1 to Rogue. I have been playing Blueside because teams. This guy is a team build. Planning a Brute for my solo the Blue side every story mountain I never climbed. I will switch him to Vigilante tonite because I can get accolades easier on Blue

So. What about Pool/Patron pool?  Any advice on what is best for a pure ranged Blaster that isElec/magic concept. As always thanks