Frenzy, Corruptors and Masterminds are left out

Rikis

Frenzy is an amazing power, specially for the original villain ATs. For Dominators, it automagically fills the Domination bar, for Stalkers it hides them right then and there, and for Brutes it fills the Fury bar. But it provides no "special" benefit for Corruptors or Masterminds. Maybe we can improve it for them as well.

For Corruptors, it should let them start scourging on their target from 100% HP rather than 50%.

For Masterminds, it should provide a buff aura for minions: +15% Damage, +5% ToHit.

From the wiki:

You drive yourself into a blind rage to strike down your foes! Upon activating this power you will increase your recharge rate. All Hero Archetypes, Masterminds, Corruptors and Soldiers of Arachnos will receive a high damage increase, Dominators will have their Domination bar filled, Brutes will have their Rage bar filled and Stalkers will be put into a hidden state and receive a minor damage buff.

The damage buff is 60%.

By special, you aren't counting the damage increase that Stalkers, Brutes, and Dominators don't get?

I assume you are suggesting they should remove the damage increase and give each AT it's own special thing?  Seems like a lot of work...

The recharge rate is not spcial, since unlike the damage increase, all AT's get it...

Let me know if I am not understanding?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Indeed, I'm saying that Corruptors and Masterminds should get Frenzy's +Damage removed and to add something more specific to their ATs. For Corruptors, being able to Scourge from 100%. For Masterminds, giving them a "light" Supremacy as the vast majority of their damage is in their pets, not their own personal damage.

And no, not *every* AT. Only the original 5 Villain ATs. So not for VEATs either.

I didn't say it didn't do anything. I said it didn't do anything "special". Since you missed it, it also increases Recharge for them.

Giving characters a 60% damage boost and increased recharge is special.

Do they walk around all the time with that damage and recharge boost?  No?  Then it's special.

My stalker would gladly swap with your corruptors.

I guess after the Stalker buffs in Issue 22 and the release of AT Enhancements, Stalker's Frenzy does leave a lot to be desired.

Just to clarify, does the Frenzy buff's 60% bonus damage not affect MM minions?

It does not, Frenzy's +Damage and +Recharge is only for the Mastermind themselves, not its pets. Not that the pets would benefit from the recharge.

That's quite disappointing. Most of my Masterminds barely do any damage as-is, since I skip the personal attacks more often than not (They're almost all crap anyway, Demons being the exception). I would definitely support a change to the power that gave MM pets the +damage, and happily sacrifice the +recharge for it - but that's just me.

Part of the reason for this post is because my MM is reaching 50 and even though I do love the 20 seconds of +30% recharge, I would prefer that the damage bonus be lowered but spread to my pets. Like you, most of my MMs don't take their pets and even if they did, the MMs personal attacks do less damage than Defenders.