Eye beams

Hi, I was looking at the beam rifle animations and I'd love to see a variant  option where you shoot beams out of your eyes instead of using a gun. I looked through all the animations and I think they can already be converted over with minimal fuss and I think this would be great. Not to mention a very common super power from the earlier ages of super heroes. Of course I'd want this with both light and dark tintable particle colour palets.

Don't assume "minimal fuss".  :)  CoX's code is four kinds of spaghetti and five different sauces, held together with a mix of baling wire, duct tape, and paper clips.  IOW, it's an epic mess (and that's according to one of the original developers, Positron, back when the devs were paid full-time to work on it .... unlike now, when they're all volunteers doing this in their spare time).

With that said, I'd love, LOVE, to be able to choose different "point of origin" setups for powers.  It was an oft-wished-for feature ten years ago ... and, because of that, wound up being a feature for many powers in Champions Online (along with recoloring powers).  Yes, especially for Beam Rifle powers, which I've come to love SOOOOOO very much over the past week.

However, to do that properly would require a lot of animation work, and the Lords of the Seventeen Icy Hells only know how much work on the back end to build "hooks" for alternate animations into all the powers in the game, in order to make it happen.  :(

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I would also say dont assume any part of the code is still spaghetti. From what I have read a big part of what SCORE has been doing is refactoring the code. IE cleaning it up - a lot.

Good idea of course to not assume anything is quick or easy at the some time it is also a really good idea to assume anything in particular is not easy.

I am guessing it would be more of an artwork issue myself with only a few eye based attacks in the game already. It would be pretty neat to play.... I could see eye beams as alternates for a few power sets, the single target parts any ways. Fire, Ice, Electricity, Dark, etc.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Safer to assume it's all still spaghetti, and thus, that any idea is likely to be extra complex, than the opposite, IMO.

Remember, Pessimism has one big advantage: the only surprises are good ones.  :)

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Even if the code isn't spaghetti, the devs are unpaid volunteers.

Things that would not be a big deal to a paid development team become a bigger deal here as a result.

So dream away.  Dreaming is free.

But changes need to jump through some hoops before they become "reasonable" here, and I doubt that this meets the standard.