Anything in /Nature not worth taking?

JnEricsonx

It's depends on your preferences.

Lifegiving Spores and Entangling Aura are both skippable. Some might disagree with me, let me explain those abilities.

The heals from Lifegiving Spores is a joke, it's so MINOR. It's best to use the ability for endurance buff, but do you have issue with endurance management as a MM? Up to you to take it or not.

Entangling Aura is basically a toggle aura, the duration for hold is pretty damn short. I don't know if it is worth to take it..

I've not fully leveled my /Nature toon, but thus far the only thing I've skipped is Spore Cloud.  The debuffs are nice but given the very long recharge it's not getting used much. I think the Rez is worthwhile, since it doubles as a strong single-target HoT, and it's nice to have on hand when grouping. Doubly so if TP is your travel power.

It's depends on your preferences.

Lifegiving Spores and Entangling Aura are both skippable. Some might disagree with me, let me explain those abilities.

The heals from Lifegiving Spores is a joke, it's so MINOR. It's best to use the ability for endurance buff, but do you have issue with endurance management as a MM? Up to you to take it or not.

Entangling Aura is basically a toggle aura, the duration for hold is pretty damn short. I don't know if it is worth to take it..

I like Healing Spores.  The heal is not amazing, but it's noticeable, costs nearly nothing, and is fast recharging if you need to move the patch.  I probably get more use out of it as a Beasts primary though, since my minions are melee.  It pretty trivial to slap the patch down in the midst of 3-5 mobs, order the pack into melee and let them sit there accruing heals and End.  The heal is worth throwing a couple slots into, but the End buff is so tiny it's not worth it to try and enhance it.

I've not fully leveled my /Nature toon, but thus far the only thing I've skipped is Spore Cloud.  The debuffs are nice but given the very long recharge it's not getting used much. I think the Rez is worthwhile, since it doubles as a strong single-target HoT, and it's nice to have on hand when grouping. Doubly so if TP is your travel power.

snipped

I like Healing Spores.  The heal is not amazing, but it's noticeable, costs nearly nothing, and is fast recharging if you need to move the patch.  I probably get more use out of it as a Beasts primary though, since my minions are melee.  It pretty trivial to slap the patch down in the midst of 3-5 mobs, order the pack into melee and let them sit there accruing heals and End.  The heal is worth throwing a couple slots into, but the End buff is so tiny it's not worth it to try and enhance it.

Why, WHY on earth did you skip Spore Cloud? -Hit, -DMG, -Regen isn't enough for you? Recharge for Spore Cloud is fine, it will get better when you have global recharge. It shouldn't be an issue for you. As for Lifegiving Spores, I'm not sure why you used it for healing considering you have Regrowth, Wild Growth, and Wild Bastion. Regrowth heals better than Lifegiving Spores even it's a cone ability. I used the end procs like Performance and Panacea into Lifegiving Spores, it's pretty good.

Edit: Forgot to mention one more thing; other debuffs from different powersets have long CD. We're lucky Spore Cloud doesn't have a long CD.

Why, WHY on earth did you skip Spore Cloud? -Hit, -DMG, -Regen isn't enough for you? Recharge for Spore Cloud is fine, it will get better when you have global recharge. It shouldn't be an issue for you. As for Lifegiving Spores, I'm not sure why you used it for healing considering you have Regrowth, Wild Growth, and Wild Bastion. Regrowth heals better than Lifegiving Spores even it's a cone ability. I used the end procs like Performance and Panacea into Lifegiving Spores, it's pretty good.

Edit: Forgot to mention one more thing; other debuffs from different powersets have long CD. We're lucky Spore Cloud doesn't have a long CD.

Ah, went back and double checked it - for some reason I thought Spore Cloud had a Very Long recharge tag, and it doesn't.  Base rech of 8s is actually more than fine, and I'll probably respec it in.  I'm not sure why I was thinking it had a 4m value which would make it worthless.

Livegiving Spores base End bonus is 1%. I mean, +End procs might work well in it, but the base value is pretty garbage for standard End Mods.  Regrowth is far and away the better heal and it recharges pretty fast - but not instantly. Wild Bastion is a heal, but it has a minutes long cooldown, and Wild Growth isn't a heal, it's a Regen & Resist boost. Right now I use it to have a cushion for when Regrowth is recharging and to give myself more time to chuck birds at enemies for more Pack Mentality stacks. 

Like I said, I probably get more mileage out of it with Beasts than any other MM primary because I know right where they're going to be when a fight starts, and can position the spore patch to keep them within it for the first few enemies pretty easily, so it helps blunt the incoming damage when the most mobs are there to wail on the fuzzballs. It's also fast recharging so you can drop it and reposition it during a fight or moving from spawn to spawn.  It's entirely skippable if you don't have Beasts.

Barring maybe the res.  I like Entangling Aura concept, but it's the same as Radiations Choking Cloud.  Not sure I want my MM in the middle of a group of enemies.

Entangling Aura is a fantastic mitigation tool. Remember that because of bodyguard mode, your mastermind can potentially be an incredible tank. On my beast/nature MM I'll drop my healing zone under some mobs and jump into the pack of them, to soak up the alphas (especially any aoes) before my pets get there. Then the pets go to work, and all the mobs are getting locked down by the aura, providing immense mitigation to my pack. I put the Lockdown chance for +2 mag hold into it, so it snaps up lieutenants pretty quickly, and even pins down bosses in a couple seconds. The more they focus on me, the better, since it allows the damage to be spread out to all my pets, and the healing zone tops them off.

"Livegiving Spores base End bonus is 1%. I mean, +End procs might work well in it, but the base value is pretty garbage for standard End Mods. "

Ill have to test it but based on how i read the power and what pines is showing... it Heals you blue bar... by 1% so if you have 100 endurance max then you get 1 endurance every second and a half before slotting or .66 if i can do math. Consider base recovery is 1.6 per sec and goes up to 2 with unslotted stamina .66 a sec is nice. Also and this is just me speculating but maybe someone can confirm it makes anyone standing in the patch less susceptible to -rec debuffs since its not actually recovery.

Yeah. Lifegiving Spores Endurance boost is not a recovery boost. It can't be compared to recovery numbers. It gives you 1 endurance every 4 seconds, which is equivalent to half the effect of Stamina, unslotted. It's also literally free, even unslotted, as long as you stand in it, as it gives you back exactly as much endurance as it costs to run the toggle.

Properly slotted, it gives 2% every 4 seconds, which is .5 end per second, and basically like having a second Stamina power for everyone who stands in it.

On top of that, if you were to frankenslot it for heal and endurance mod (And end reduction) you can have it doing that 2 end every 4 seconds, and also healing 56 hp, and costing so little you're gaining significant endurance from it, as well as providing endurance for your pets and teammates.

And sure, the heal isn't huge, but it's healing you don't have to think about. I've seen it make a huge difference in tough, drawn out fights, and I'd never skip it.

Rebirth and Entangling Aura are the only skippable powers, and even they're not bad, they're just not absolutely needed. Everything else I'd class as essential, do not skip under any circumstances.

Yeah. Lifegiving Spores Endurance boost is not a recovery boost. It can't be compared to recovery numbers. It gives you 1 endurance every 4 seconds, which is equivalent to half the effect of Stamina, unslotted. It's also literally free, even unslotted, as long as you stand in it, as it gives you back exactly as much endurance as it costs to run the toggle.

Properly slotted, it gives 2% every 4 seconds, which is .5 end per second, and basically like having a second Stamina power for everyone who stands in it.

On top of that, if you were to frankenslot it for heal and endurance mod (And end reduction) you can have it doing that 2 end every 4 seconds, and also healing 56 hp, and costing so little you're gaining significant endurance from it, as well as providing endurance for your pets and teammates.

And sure, the heal isn't huge, but it's healing you don't have to think about. I've seen it make a huge difference in tough, drawn out fights, and I'd never skip it.

Rebirth and Entangling Aura are the only skippable powers, and even they're not bad, they're just not absolutely needed. Everything else I'd class as essential, do not skip under any circumstances.

You know what, I read the delay which is listed in pines as 1.5 and for some reason I equated that to the tick rate...

I give a QFT to your concluding paragraph.  Personally I put Panacea in Livegiving Spores, including the proc.  I've validated in logs of my alt accounts that stood in it that the proc can trigger for anyone in it.