Assault Rifle animation times on support

indigni

I'm a big fan of AR on my blaster, but I'm concerned that if I were to take it on a Corruptor or (even Defender) the long animation times on Ignite and Full Auto are going to be major hindrance when I need to make an intervention to save my team (whether that's a timely heal or shield, whatever)

Does anyone have experience using AR on a support class like Defenders or Corruptors? Is it a big enough issue to warrant avoiding the support sets that need to make more active interventions for the team when rolling with AR? Or am I just totally overthinking things?

My AR/Pain Corr doesn't have ignite, but regularly cycles both flamethrower and Full Auto.

And in my experience, they do get in the way of quick reaction heals.  HOWEVER at the higher levels I find the teammates who this matters to (ie they die before I can do anything) are getting 1-2 shotted and are dead before I can even target them for a heal.  If this happens a lot, I stop using the cones and start targeting through the death prone teammates so I can just keep them upright.  If this is a more occasional/rng thing though... that's why I have Vengeance and the /pain Rez

Of course when playing with incarnates I can barely get Vengeance off before they self-rez or someone hits Barrier or whatever