Thinking of rolling my first Homecoming Scrapper...

biostem

Hey gang!  So I've been really enjoying my return to CoX after so many years, and while I've been playing several other ATs, I'm thinking of returning to the 2nd AT I ever played - namely Scrappers.  I'm very much liking the look of radiation armor, but I'm torn between street justice or staff fighting for my primary set.  Any insight or opinions?  Thanks!

My opinion is that Staff sometimes sounds like someone is hammering on something.

When teaming, on occasion, I'll think my neighbor has started another project next door, only to find out there is a Staff user on the team.

LOL!  So noted.  Any thoughts on either regarding their in-game performance or gimmicks, though?

I haven't played staff yet, mostly because I can't make a convincing Donatello costume, but I have made Stj. And boy is it fun!

It's kind of a mix between an MMA and dirty street fighting. It looks great, sounds very visceral, and feels like it delivers the pain well.

As a matter of fact, I have Pines up right now working on my first stalker. He's probably going to be Street Justice.

It pairs well with just about any armor set/

Stj/Sr=Daredevil or Spiderman

Stj/Sd=Captain America

Stj//Wp=Punisher

Stl/Nin=Batman

Well, you get the idea.

I haven't played staff yet, mostly because I can't make a convincing Donatello costume, but I have made Stj. And boy is it fun!

It's kind of a mix between an MMA and dirty street fighting. It looks great, sounds very visceral, and feels like it delivers the pain well.

As a matter of fact, I have Pines up right now working on my first stalker. He's probably going to be Street Justice.

It pairs well with just about any armor set/

Stj/Sr=Daredevil or Spiderman

Stj/Sd=Captain America

Stj//Wp=Punisher

Stl/Nin=Batman

Well, you get the idea.

Great!  Thank you.

I've got a couple of staff wielders, brute and tank, both in low- to mid-20s (altitis strikes again!). So far I'm finding it an enjoyable set to play on both, and I tend to avoid reusing sets if I can help it.

Staff has a nice fluid feel to it - the animations seem about as busy as Kin Melee, but they feel smoother for whatever reason. The Form toggles add some little ways to tweak gameplay, and the payoff for building Form levels is nice but doesn't (at least not yet) seem like a major downside if I pop a finisher attack without max levels.

Anecdote: ran a Synapse TF yesterday on my tank, and convinced at least 2 of the other 5 on my team to try it out, based on seeing it played and giving them the same rundown as I did above.

Hope that helps!

(my tank is Elec/Staff and my brute is Staff/Bio, and can confirm toxic avenger style look on the brute... no mop but there is a long rusty pipe)

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

I've got a couple of staff wielders, brute and tank, both in low- to mid-20s (altitis strikes again!). So far I'm finding it an enjoyable set to play on both, and I tend to avoid reusing sets if I can help it.

Staff has a nice fluid feel to it - the animations seem about as busy as Kin Melee, but they feel smoother for whatever reason. The Form toggles add some little ways to tweak gameplay, and the payoff for building Form levels is nice but doesn't (at least not yet) seem like a major downside if I pop a finisher attack without max levels.

Anecdote: ran a Synapse TF yesterday on my tank, and convinced at least 2 of the other 5 on my team to try it out, based on seeing it played and giving them the same rundown as I did above.

Hope that helps!

(my tank is Elec/Staff and my brute is Staff/Bio, and can confirm toxic avenger style look on the brute... no mop but there is a long rusty pipe)

Thanks for the input!  I've watched some vids of both STJ and SF on youtube, and while staff does indeed look quite fluid, I think it's too flashy/break-dancey for what I'm going for.  I think I'll roll a STJ/RA when I have time.  Still, so many choices!!!

So I rolled a staff/radiation scrapper last night, and boy is he fun!  I was debating street justice, (and I'll probably still roll on of those), but for now this is my "flavor of the minute".

Just a few questions:  So I took the staff mastery power, and it seems that body is extra damage, mind is extra recharge, and spirit/soul is end discount.  They also cause a slightly different effect when you use one of the finishers.  It seems that it may be worth it to just keep the buff on yourself, though.

I took the 'gamma boost' passive from rad armor.  So the tooltip says it gives both an end recovery and regen boost, but the end part is better if your health is high, and the regen part is better when your health is low.  My character is only about level 14 atm, so I just put 2 slots in it, (so 3 total), and was just going to eventually put 3 end mod enh's in that and 3 in stamina.  Is it worth it to also slot 3 health enh's?

I really like the 'guarded spin' power in staff - it seems to grant about 11% def to melee & lethal - should I slot it to grant even more defense?  I left CoX shortly after they added the invention enh's, so my traditional SO slotting for attacks was 2 acc, 3 dmg, and either a rech, end, or so on - would something like 2 acc, 3 def, and 1 dmg or rech be a good choice for this power?

Lastly, in reading over some of the newer power sets, I see that some, (like RA), had "+absorb" - does that just take a flat amount off of any incoming damage?

Thanks again for all your help!