Lovecraftian Ideas & Time Manipulation

I really want to make a Lovecraftian inspired Villain/Hero. Since CoH shuttered, I've really gotten into HP Lovecraft (problematic fave, I know). I can't seem to think up a costume/powerset I like; I'm leaning towards Dark/Time

That aside, Time Manipulation really intrigues me. What can people tell me about the powerset, that I can glean from Paragon Wiki? How does it play? Is it a strong set? Has anyone experimented with it? How does it level?

It's been a long...uh...time since I played Time, but it is a well-regarded set.  Lovecraftian would seem perfectly suited for Dark Miasma, since it spams tentacles.

Also give some thought to Mind Control.

I'm going to mince my words here because I don't want to share too many of my own concepts, but Once Upon A Time I founded a Lovecraftian themed supergroup, and it was a huge hit amongst my friends. What we did was craft characters who were all extended cousins in a big extended family full of weird mad science and cultists. Think of the Whatelys plus some Innsmouth folks plus some people with Tenure at Miskatonic who really should not have, mix in some Addamms family and set to coagulate. When you say your theme is anything touching on mad science, alien gods, corruption and mutation, all iced with a dose of New England Gothic, then the lid really blows up. Especially with the addition of customizing power sets' appearance to put a dark and malevolent tweak on something innocuous, you can probably be Lovecraftian with almost any power set. (For example, color water powers red and make it blood sorcery!)

Basically, one of the typical things people did was Look Human, Mostly. In some cases people had a monster or mutated form as one of their costumes and used the normal look as the base form. Darkness and Radiation power sets were particularly popular but people did lots of creative variations. So my suggestion is to start with the character concept, and then pick some powers that seem like they can grow out of that concept. Now that ATs are side-flexible it will be even easier to do this. Good luck, and Bad Science!

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I used to run a toon way back in the day who was a member of the Innsmouth Waites, a sorcerer who was trying to atope for his family's misdeeds...it was fun.  Dark/Dark, just cuz...well, I hadn't run a hero Brute yet and seemed like a good excuse.

Have you read The Silver Key? the lovecraft story, can't recall, it's through the gates of the silver key..also, theres De Marginey's Coffin Shaped time clock from Brian Lumley.

Dr. Demoriel - Protector Server