Poison/Beam featuring Presence

Ankhammon

Hey all. Thought I'd make a try at a Poison/BR character and while working him up in Pines I came up with a thought. Throw in Presence line and see if I could actually make it work.

I also tried to throw in a few extra procs for some extra control.

Have a look and tell me what you think. Anything you would do differently? Am I missing anything important? Is the Presence line just so horrid that I'm going to frustrate myself?

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Defender

Primary Power Set: Poison

Secondary Power Set: Beam Rifle

Power Pool: Presence

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Envenom -- HO:Lyso(A), HO:Lyso(3), TchofLadG-Rchg/EndRdx(5), TchofLadG-DefDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(5)

Level 1: Single Shot -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(19), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)

Level 2: Weaken -- HO:Lyso(A), HO:Lyso(27), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(29), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(34)

Level 4: Charged Shot -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Dvs-Hold%(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)

Level 6: Neurotoxic Breath -- TmpRdn-Acc/Slow(A), TmpRdn-Rng/Slow(45)

Level 8: Pacify -- Acc-I(A)

Level 10: Disintegrate -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(11), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Dvs-Hold%(34)

Level 12: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-EndRdx(13)

Level 14: Intimidate -- Ngh-Acc/Rchg(A), Ngh-Acc/Fear/Rchg(15), Ngh-Fear/Rng(15)

Level 16: Invoke Panic -- Ngh-Acc/Rchg(A), Ngh-Acc/Fear/Rchg(17), Ngh-EndRdx/Fear(17)

Level 18: Paralytic Poison -- UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(A), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(19)

Level 20: Lancer Shot -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(21), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)

Level 22: Aim -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(23)

Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)

Level 26: Poison Trap -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Dam%(27), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(45), Arm-Dam%(46), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(46), Erd-%Dam(46)

Level 28: Unrelenting -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)

Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31), Rct-ResDam%(31), Krm-ResKB(31)

Level 32: Venomous Gas -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(33), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(33), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(33), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(34)

Level 35: Piercing Beam -- Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(36), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Rgn-Dmg(36), Rgn-Knock%(37), Ann-ResDeb%(43)

Level 38: Overcharge -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(40)

Level 41: Dark Embrace -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(42), UnbGrd-Max HP%(42), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(42), RctArm-ResDam(43), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43)

Level 44: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)

Level 47: Soul Drain -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(48)

Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Vigilance

Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(50)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(3)

Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve

Level 0: Portal Jockey

Level 0: Task Force Commander

Level 0: The Atlas Medallion

Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon

------------

Interesting idea.  In fact it's so interesting I'm planning out a presence Blaster now.

I'm in the middle of reviewing the build but before going too far, I wanted to ask if skipping Cutting Beam was intentional.  It's really BR's reliable AOE.  The other two are very nice for what they are (nuke and hard hitting thin cone [emphasis on "thin"]) but it's Cutting Beam that's going to be the go-to against large spawn sizes.

Interesting idea.  In fact it's so interesting I'm planning out a presence Blaster now.

I'm in the middle of reviewing the build but before going too far, I wanted to ask if skipping Cutting Beam was intentional.  It's really BR's reliable AOE.  The other two are very nice for what they are (nuke and hard hitting thin cone [emphasis on "thin"]) but it's Cutting Beam that's going to be the go-to against large spawn sizes.

Yeah, Cutting Beam on the cutting room floor was intentional... for now. It allowed me to save a couple slots and add in a little extra defense.

I am hoping to get most of the minion damage (solo) from the poison trap while i worked the bosses over. I know it's not optimal but might actually be enough.

If that doesn't work then yeah, I'll have to do a small rewrite.

He's only a small fry right now (level 10ish), but that'll change soon enough.

Made it to level 15 and figured I'd add a couple thoughts on the progress so far.

First is to note that the set takes off as early as level 10 when you get disintegrate. You start seeing that you want your targets to be higher in level since you "arrest" in two or 3 shots. Not more bad guys, but higher level make you happy.

I've taken out +2 EB, +3 Bosses and +4 lts. 

Second, there is an unexpected awesome power in Neurotoxic Breath. The slow is nice, but the -rech is particularly strong. So minions basically take one shot (neutered with Weakness) and spend the rest of their time running to you. If you just stand there, for one more chance at a hit you get a nice cluster by the time your Envenom and Weaken are ready. It's really a kinda nice way to get around the 8 ft splash limitation on those powers.

Third, I've only been held like once and KB like twice which is strange. I'm wondering if perhaps this is weakness doing it's debuff of mezz thing and the mezzes are now getting small enough to be unnoticed. Probably not, but it makes me think that getting the mezzes down to 33% or so could be possible if slotted correctly.

That makes me wonder if it would be worth it to do over say another 5% Defense added.

Overall, it's a fun set so far and undervalued, imo.

• 2 weeks later

For anyone who wanted an opinion on the Presence line. I made it to about level 22 and it just didn't work. The powers would have been fine if they had a better duration. The way they are, the placate was the best of the lot.

So the experiment is over but the char lives on. Just with fighting replacing the presence line.

Much sturdier at level 25 and makes for a much happier pseudo blaster type char which this definitely plays like.