Katana Secondary

drgantz

I am trying to decide on a Katana Secondary for a Natural Scrapper.

Since it is Natural, I'm primarily considering either SR or WP.  I  usually play SR, but am thinking that Divine Avalanche might overkill the defense.

I had a Kat/SR back in the day and now I have a Kat/WP scrapper. I definitely like the WP more than the SR.

In some instances you can never have too much defense (higher level mobs, def debuffs) and also consider that DA's def boost is very specific (melee and lethal only) so it's nice but not OMG. I use it as part of attack chain just to keep that edge up.

I find WP to be a great set and forget secondary and I like the mix of tools (regen, def and res). I've also played regen, dark and inv secondaries as well and WP is by far my favorite.

I am trying to decide on a Katana Secondary for a Natural Scrapper.

Since it is Natural, I'm primarily considering either SR or WP.  I  usually play SR, but am thinking that Divine Avalanche might overkill the defense.

Might i suggest Ninjitsu as well.

In Cimerora and elsewhere, it is literally impossible to 'overkill' defense.  I'd go with a defense based secondary like reflexes or ninjitsu, or a mixed set like invuln or willpower.  Don't thnk you can do shields with katana. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291