help slotting fortify pack and overgrowth on beast / nature

kendo339

not finding many builds on the forums for these power sets and looking for some help with slotting fortify pack and overgrowth.

for fortify - is it worth enhancing the def bonus or just use it to hold a couple of procs, like LotG recharge or shield wall + resist all.  possibly a recharge or two.  not seeing any great set bonuses that would justify 5 or 6 slotting this but I may be missing something

for overgrowth - pretty much the same question as the only set it can take is to hit buffs and the only set that might be worthwhile is gaussian's for the defense bonuses at 6 slots. might be more interesting if chance for buildup applied to pets but not a huge benefit to me, with few attacks.  if not going with gaussian's, thinking 2, maybe 3, slots for recharge to have it up as often as possible

any suggestions would be appreciated,

IMO, you want defense and recharge in Fortify.  At base, with 0 stacks of Call, you have 5% defense.  Slotted it is just under 8%.  Slotted with Power Boost it is about 11%.

With 4 stacks of Call, you are at 9% Def, or just over 14% with slotting, and over 20% with PB as well.

Add 20% to:

10% I/Os

10%-12.5% for innate defense depending on pet.

4% Manuevers

And you are at 44-46.5% plus a bit without even touching your secondary.

Make it perma, and the only time you will not be at cap will be the time it takes to build 4 stacks of call.

Of course, if you have a +def secondary or you don't want Mace for your Patron, Fortify loses much of it's luster