QoL - Jump Enhancements for Jump Height

Until very recently, I actually assumed Jump enhancements would improve Jump height and Jump speed.  So now that I know that's not the case I submit:

UNLESS IT'S A HUGE MANPOWER SINK, it would be a fantastic QoL buff to have any Jump Enhancements also add a portion of their value to Jump Height.

Any ninjas running around Steel Canyon are familiar with the walls they can almost leap up to, and then have to give up and find a long way around.

In a world with Fly, I promise this will not break anything.

Jump enhancements should already affect jump height. They did last time I checked, which admittedly was before shutdown, but I don't know of any reason it would have changed.

Are you looking in power info or combat attributes and seeing zero change, or just gauging by which walls you can/can't get over?

Until very recently, I actually assumed Jump enhancements would improve Jump height and Jump speed.  So now that I know that's not the case I submit:

UNLESS IT'S A HUGE MANPOWER SINK, it would be a fantastic QoL buff to have any Jump Enhancements also add a portion of their value to Jump Height.

Any ninjas running around Steel Canyon are familiar with the walls they can almost leap up to, and then have to give up and find a long way around.

Isn't that what taking Super Jump, Fly or Teleport solves?  Isn't that the point of those powers - to get places you couldn't get to before faster?

Ninja run/beast run are supposed to be better than sprint (they are) and less than a travel power (so they should stay)...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Isn't that what taking Super Jump, Fly or Teleport solves?  Isn't that the point of those powers - to get places you couldn't get to before faster?

Ninja run/beast run are supposed to be better than sprint (they are) and less than a travel power (so they should stay)...

So my ninjutsu character, running Ninja Run and the /ninjutsu move speed power in tandem, thematically -- you're saying this character should have to toggle that off for a "real" travel power to get over these things, and that's what the balance of this game hinges on?

I'd honestly be happier if Ninja/Beast Run were slot-able pool powers, but that's not the universe we live in, so there is no reason to oppose this outside of required man-hours.

Jump enhancements should already affect jump height. They did last time I checked, which admittedly was before shutdown, but I don't know of any reason it would have changed.

Are you looking in power info or combat attributes and seeing zero change, or just gauging by which walls you can/can't get over?

After turning away from a mission on the other side of one of those Steel Canyon walls specifically to buy a beefy Enhancement for Hurdle and coming back, found I wasn't jumping any higher.  Looked at the Enhancement again and realized it specifically says "increases jump speed by x%" and nothing about height.

Hurdle only enhances jump height by 166% base, which isn't very much considering that base jump height is a measly 4 feet. For comparison, Ninja Run gives +695% and Super Jump gives +2780%. A Jump SO in Hurdle will only increase your jump height by about 2 feet.

Open up your combat attributes window and check your jump height stat before and after slotting. There should be a difference. If it's having literally zero effect, that's a bug.

It is called Ninja Run - not Ninja Jump. It's a themed run power which offers slightly better movement speed than sprint with some additional jump. It was never meant as a substitute for Super Jump. Powers in the game are created around balance and not roleplaying - for this reason it was NEVER enhanceable.

From the wiki:

A combination of quickness and acrobatic grace, Ninja Run allows you to move at high speed, whether on the ground or leaping from rooftop to rooftop. This power is not as fast as Super Speed, nor will it allow you to jump as well as Super Leap, however it is considerably better than the Fitness powers Swift and Hurdle.

NOTES:

This power cannot be used with (and will detoggle) Pool Travel Powers such as Super Speed, Super Jump, or Combat Jumping. However, it can be combined with Sprint (and Sprint variants like Prestige Power Slide), the Jump Pack, passive Movement Powers such as Swift and Hurdle, and any variation on Flight powers such as Fly, Hover, or the Raptor Pack.

While toggled on, Ninja Run replaces your normal at-ease posture with a crouch, but does not interfere with emotes.

To distinguish it visually from other leaping powers, you perform a flip at the top of your arc when jumping. There are three different jumping animations: jumping forward, jumping backward, and jumping diagonally.

To distinguish it visually from other running powers, the forward and backward running animations are an anime running style, stereotypical for anime ninja type characters. Additionally, when running backward, the character actually turns to face the camera and looks over their shoulder instead of actually running backward.

Type Inherent

Toggle: Self +Run Speed, +Jump

Restrictions Available at Level 4

Can not be used in conjunction with Travel Powers

Recharge Instant

Effects 445 + ( 5 * Level ) % jump height on self

109.45 + (0.55 * Level) % jump speed on self

99.184 + (0.816 * Level) % run speed on self

Endurance 0.46/sec

Enhancements takes none

Note that these are the same stats as Beast Run (see below). They are effectively the same power but with differing animations.

Ninja Run may be purchased through the Paragon Market.

So my ninjutsu character, running Ninja Run and the /ninjutsu move speed power in tandem, thematically -- you're saying this character should have to toggle that off for a "real" travel power to get over these things, and that's what the balance of this game hinges on?

I'd honestly be happier if Ninja/Beast Run were slot-able pool powers, but that's not the universe we live in, so there is no reason to oppose this outside of required man-hours.

After turning away from a mission on the other side of one of those Steel Canyon walls specifically to buy a beefy Enhancement for Hurdle and coming back, found I wasn't jumping any higher.  Looked at the Enhancement again and realized it specifically says "increases jump speed by x%" and nothing about height.

There can be lots of opposing reasons...that a pretty closed mind set that says you have to agree with me because I can't be wrong...

I get wanting powers that fit your theme, I've run into that my frustration myself...I stand by the status of Beast/Ninja run...better than sprint, less powerful than any of the travel powers...If you want to travel better/faster/higher, take the hit and get a travel power...Not everything gets to work out thematically with your character and the available powers.  You can get a jump pack for free...Ninja's can use jet packs, right?  The Tsoo are like ninja's and teleport...Ninja's as normal mortals, typically can't jump super high.  Come up with some reason in your theme to make it work.

Now I am totally in favor of freeing up the animations from beast run/ninja run and other P2W travel powers to make them fit the regular travel powers...What do you think of this thread? https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,5704.0.html

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

It is called Ninja Run - not Ninja Jump. It's a themed run power which offers slightly better movement speed than sprint with some additional jump. It was never meant as a substitute for Super Jump. Powers in the game are created around balance and not roleplaying - for this reason it was NEVER enhanceable.

From the wiki:

A combination of quickness and acrobatic grace, Ninja Run allows you to move at high speed, whether on the ground or leaping from rooftop to rooftop. This power is not as fast as Super Speed, nor will it allow you to jump as well as Super Leap, however it is considerably better than the Fitness powers Swift and Hurdle.

NOTES:

This power cannot be used with (and will detoggle) Pool Travel Powers such as Super Speed, Super Jump, or Combat Jumping. However, it can be combined with Sprint (and Sprint variants like Prestige Power Slide), the Jump Pack, passive Movement Powers such as Swift and Hurdle, and any variation on Flight powers such as Fly, Hover, or the Raptor Pack.

While toggled on, Ninja Run replaces your normal at-ease posture with a crouch, but does not interfere with emotes.

To distinguish it visually from other leaping powers, you perform a flip at the top of your arc when jumping. There are three different jumping animations: jumping forward, jumping backward, and jumping diagonally.

To distinguish it visually from other running powers, the forward and backward running animations are an anime running style, stereotypical for anime ninja type characters. Additionally, when running backward, the character actually turns to face the camera and looks over their shoulder instead of actually running backward.

Type Inherent

Toggle: Self +Run Speed, +Jump

Restrictions Available at Level 4

Can not be used in conjunction with Travel Powers

Recharge Instant

Effects 445 + ( 5 * Level ) % jump height on self

109.45 + (0.55 * Level) % jump speed on self

99.184 + (0.816 * Level) % run speed on self

Endurance 0.46/sec

Enhancements takes none

Note that these are the same stats as Beast Run (see below). They are effectively the same power but with differing animations.

Ninja Run may be purchased through the Paragon Market.

All of this is ridiculous and doesn't do a damn thing to justify jump enhancements not affecting Hurdle.

But I don't care because your global handle is ridiculously awesome.

Hurdle only enhances jump height by 166% base, which isn't very much considering that base jump height is a measly 4 feet. For comparison, Ninja Run gives +69% and Super Jump gives +2780%. A Jump SO in Hurdle will only increase your jump height by about 2 feet.

Open up your combat attributes window and check your jump height stat before and after slotting. There should be a difference. If it's having literally zero effect, that's a bug.

GREAT NEWS, EVERYONE!  It is affecting jump height, and i just needed a bigger enhancement.  This means it's only a text bug, as the text only stats the jump speed, but that's obviously a much lower-priority change.

/thread, everyone!