Holes in Def and Resistance

cprice

I ask that as there are many sets that really don't cover everything, so we have to plug those holes up. Some sets I feel are harder to plug those holes though and it's really kind of annoying me. Reason it bugs me is because thematically there are some sets I like, but they seem to fall short of some the more popular primaries, so we would have to lean on a secondary as some sort of damage mitigation tool. I also don't want to fall into the crowd that makes a FOTM or in CoX case FOTY. I see so many of the typical tanks and not as much variety. There aren't even as many tanks out there as there used to be since people say Brutes can do the job ALMOST as well as any tank. I may be in the minority here in saying that as a Tanker, the dude that is supposed to be THE DUDE on the team that can withstand all the beating, it's really takes some of the fun out of the themes I or some other folks aim to build.  

What sets are the holes more easy to remediate? I'll be frank in saying my lvl 50+1 Ice tank can seem like a beast at times, but other I feel like a little B****! And I don't know what is a good path to make those holes less glaring. I want to start a new set, but I also don't want to fall into the same issue of plugging up a hole that is seemingly hard to plug. I know I people will say "Get pines and tinker away" which is fine, but that can be a lot of work. I've tried to get into the whole pines thing and it honestly makes me tired and confused making a build FROM SCRATCH. Finding a premade build and tweaking it proved problematic probably because I am not a Pine's guru or anything.  

It's perfectly possible to plug holes in Ice.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Or even more, like this:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Edited by Auroxis

Ice/, which is already a pretty strong set, can certainly be made even tougher with IOs. If end game is where you're having issues, I might suggest aiming to hit 59% defense for S/L/E/N with one use of a full Energy Absorption. It shouldn't take much investment, and that way you're soft-capped for Incarnate content. After that, aim for as much S/L and Fire resists as you can work in and any Psi (not so easy) as well. Sprinkling on recharge where you can after that. 

I'm at work, so I can't pull up Pine's to slap together any recommendations, but I would strongly suggest getting comfortable with Pines just because you're more likely to do better with a tool you know. Also, not knowing your secondary, I wouldn't be able to begin. 

I'd recommend this Resource for set bonuses. It's a pretty handy one if you find Pine's a bit difficult to sort through. 

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png