SM/INV or BS/INV

sammcs

Basically title. I've heard invuln's numbers are mighty impressive on Stalker. I've heard Broadsword has interactions that make it hit very hard (anyone care to explain in more detail?) and I've heard Savage Melee's procs are very good on Stalkers.

Any input or advice (or builds!) is very much appreciated! Thanks.

While I haven't played Invuln on a Stalker I have played it on a Tank and Scrapper so I imagine it's similar.  Broadsword has it's Melee defense buff with Parry, unfortunately it doesn't stack with Invuln's defenses since Invuln is typed, not positional defenses.  It's a good, solid set, and Invuln is likewise a good, solid set.  The two just don't complement each other as well as they could due to the miss match in the kind of defense buff each offers.  That's not to say the combination isn't capable and won't work, it will work quite well.  I just like to try and pair up sets that complement each other if possible.

I can't speak one way or another about Savage Melee as I've never played it and only taken a cursory glance at the set in Mid's.  From a glance it's going to be a bit more complex to play since it has attacks that build a buff and attacks that use that buff so you'll need to pay attention to the order you fire your attacks off in, kind of like Street Justice.  It looks like it's pretty solid though, and the few times I've teamed with someone playing Savage Melee they've been pretty effective.

Bottom line, pick whichever set you think fits you.  Heck, roll up one of each, take them through a few DFB's to get them into the teens and see how you like them.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, Call Me Awesome said:

While I haven't played Invuln on a Stalker I have played it on a Tank and Scrapper so I imagine it's similar.  Broadsword has it's Melee defense buff with Parry, unfortunately it doesn't stack with Invuln's defenses since Invuln is typed, not positional defenses.  It's a good, solid set, and Invuln is likewise a good, solid set.  The two just don't complement each other as well as they could due to the miss match in the kind of defense buff each offers.  That's not to say the combination isn't capable and won't work, it will work quite well.  I just like to try and pair up sets that complement each other if possible.

I can't speak one way or another about Savage Melee as I've never played it and only taken a cursory glance at the set in Mid's.  From a glance it's going to be a bit more complex to play since it has attacks that build a buff and attacks that use that buff so you'll need to pay attention to the order you fire your attacks off in, kind of like Street Justice.  It looks like it's pretty solid though, and the few times I've teamed with someone playing Savage Melee they've been pretty effective.

Bottom line, pick whichever set you think fits you.  Heck, roll up one of each, take them through a few DFB's to get them into the teens and see how you like them.

Stalker Invuln, IIRC, Combines Elements and Energies into a single power, and its version of Invincibility is basically 'perma-saturated'.  Its a heckin upgrade to the set.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute