Set bonuses affecting pets? (Specifically +damage)

Seroster01

Title is the question.  It was pointed out in a different thread that Frankenslotting your pets was a good idea, partially because putting 2 pieces of Mark of Supremacy in each of the main pet powers would give you subsantial +rech for comparatively little slot investment.  After having done that, I'm now trying to figure out what to put in the OTHER 4 slots of all the pet powers.  (My character is Thugs/Time, so he's got Gang War to mule all of the auras).  My first thought was that I would simply do the same thing with Command of the Mastermind (since I'd bought it before I thought about the frankenslotting) for 3 bonuses of 2% damage boosts, but I wasn't sure if a +damage set bonus would do anything, since my understanding was that few (if any) set bonuses affect pets.  On one hand, I thought that no set bonuses affected pets, but on the other it seems very silly that the devs would make an MM ATO with a bonus that was almost completely useless.  As such, I asked about it in the help channel & got both yes & no answers, so I figured I'd take it to the forums & see what yall had to say.

Thanks for any replies.

8 hours ago, You said:

Just give them insp when you need them to step up on pumping out damage

alternatively slot Soulbound BU

I mean, those are good ideas but not in any way related to my actual question.  All I wanted to know was whether or not getting +damage set bonuses was a waste of time.  Sounds like it is.