Help :(...Illusion Immobilizes?

Coyote

Well, while my character tears through non-AV content, I'm having a serious problem with AVs now. Between stacking Tornados, Freezing Rains, Spectral Terrors, and Enflames... there is so much "run-away" style Fear output that AVs run like little girls. Little girls who are track stars on steroids. Then, Nosferatu comes back and 2-shots me before the decoys can grab aggro. :( Worse... I could handle the defense aspect with Lucks since they don't have to last long, but I'm not kidding about the "little girls" joke... they run FAR. By the time they come back, they've regenerated a large chunk of HPs, and when they have a big self-heal like Nossie, well, it makes their regen unbeatable.

Chasing Nosferatu through cave maps isn't working. I tried. It's kind of funny, an army of decoys, Phantasm, three Tornados, and my little red wisp also, running with me after Nossie in a tight 5th Column map... but then he turns around aggroed on me, and the humor leaves the building since he's moving fast enough to leave the Decoys behind... so I have to fight him for quite a while until they turn up.

Eh, it's a funny story so far, but I've meandered far enough... my question is, does anyone know of a useful source of Immobilize that I can add? I hate to lose a slot on Tornado since that power wants 7-8 slots anyhow, but I'm even considering the weak Razzle Dazzle: Immobilize proc in there, plus a Frozen Blast: Immobilize in Enflame, and hope that with multiple Tornados plus Enflame out, I can Immobilize him a reasonable percentage of the time. Even if he moves around on occasion, as long as he doesn't go on his marathon sprints across the map, I'm willing to give another try at staking his undead behind to the ruins of one of his warwolves.

Other than those two procs, I've got nothing... and the Mag - duration of them seems kinda weak :(

Huh. This is not a problem I ever had on my old Ill/Rad. I just made sure to stay far away from AVs and largely let my Phantom Army do the work while I watched and maintained Blind and my toggles.

The Lockdown proc might help you in Blind. Adding in the extra odd Mag 2 Hold makes locking AVs down a little more feasible in a drawn out fight.

Neither did I, but /Storm has way more sources of AAAAH!!!! FEAR!! than /Rad. I think that there is so much stacking Fear that the AV runs despite a hit or two from Phantom Army, and PA has to really hit it several times to over-Taunt through the Fear effect. I also noticed that the AVs didn't run as much before I had Tornado, which stacks 2-3 times. So it's definitely something that is more applicable to /Storm. I may have to end up testing fights without using some powers, just to see if the AVs stay in place without FR, or without Tornado.

Yeah its a pain.

I tried Frozen Blast and T4 Spectral Interface and honestly the duration is just too low. With +4 resistance you need multiple procs in like 2 seconds. Just not consistant. It's not just afraid effects sometimes toggle debuffs (like Darkest Night and Snow Storm) can send AVs crazy.

Some of the AVs are bigger cowards then others (typically older content) and they are just not worth it. Nos is one of the worst offenders. Should just make all AVs immune to afraid effects because many of the newer ones already are.

It's annoying that both the 75 use ST Immo temp power cannot be gotten through Ouro. Or can it? Fettering Nimbus is gotten through Maria's A Heroes Epic Story Arc would doing step 6 again get you another Fettering Nimbus and does it work on everything? Have to test later.

Will have to wait till the Utility belt power pool comes out with Bolas. Of course how I am going to fit it into my build I don't know.

Edited by Maxzero

9 hours ago, 5099y_74c05 said:

Stacking Confuse often prevents them from running if the other methods don't work

Tricky getting enough mag though. Decieve is like a 2 second cast with 1 sec CD (at high recharge levels). With purple sets mine last 78 seconds. To get past 50 mag proc you would need 17 castings and would need to maintain while DPSing. Much easier for Doms under Domination who only need only need like 9 castings.

That's really only works on equal level AVs.

Edited by Maxzero

3 hours ago, 5099y_74c05 said:

Yes its certainly isn't trivial but the scenario described is already a DPS loss.

Its a shame we don't have the Gadget or Utility belt pool. whichever was slated to get the Webnade. Sadly no temp immobilize powers either.

Utility Belt looks so good. Bolas is a 8 sec CD fast activation (1.37) ST Immo that periodically KDs through the duration, it even has -Fly so they can't escape your Tornadoes and FRs. Then Poisoned Dagger that is Spectral Wounds with 1 sec cast time, no heal back, full containment damage and -damage debuff.

Really looking forward to Utility belt. Unfortunately Bolas has a custom animation that is half undone and will take a lot of work to finish so its like last on the list.

Already have the slotting and build worked out for it. Will be my dream build. A Blind-Dagger-Bolas ST in the same activation time of my Blind-AB rotation now except I will also Immobilize. Psi Tornado-FR-Tornado AoE rotation with LS appearing in longer fights during AoE or ST situations.

Edited by Maxzero