Thugs/Rad?

Pale_Enchantress

Looking forward to abusing  our new radiation secondary now. A few questions.

The AOE targeted slow. On most sites it mentions it debuffs recharge, movespeed. And regen. When I look in the game I dont see the recharge part. Am I missing it? 

With lower hold duration and even less reason to melee that most other radiation users, is there any reason to take choking cloud? 

Similar question with EMP the two power. On paper it looks like it's a power that's going to drop my toggles and prevent me from healing my pets for a while without being useful that often. What's the general consensus on this power?

I have played a fair number of MMs and I have played a couple ill/rad trollers, but I haven't played a /rad MM (Yet!) so this is extracted from my experiences on the trollers.

When I go into the character creator and check out /rad on a MM, clicking Detailed Power Information does display -60% recharge for Lingering Radiation so I would assume it's there and functioning. The big draw there is really the -regen though.

Choking Cloud is just bad. I'm fairly sure I'm holding a grudge here because I WANTED to like these toggle PBAOE holds (/rad and /nature!) but they're just terrible! Magnitude 1. Base duration of 4 seconds with a pulse interval of 5 seconds. The fact that it's an endurance hog doesn't even come into play because it's just so terrible baseline. I'm sure someone out there has great experiences with it, but that's not me. I've tried it on /rad and the clone on /nature and they're just disappointment in toggle form.

EM Pulse gets a hard pass from me as well. Long recharge with short duration -regen at 15 seconds? Naaaah. I mean, the hold is nice I guess but not worth the crash. Basically anything that the hold will affect you don't care bout the huge -regen, and the things you want the huge -regen for will ignore the hold and snicker at the 15 second duration with lots of down time. Lingering Radiation will cover most of the things you could want this power for on much more reasonable cooldown with no crash.

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

Check the in-game tooltip stats for EM Pulse first.  Those seem to be derived from the power, so if there's no mention of -500% endurance or recovery "to self" odds are they removed the crash at some point between when the game was launched and shutdown but didn't update the description.  That said, as far as non-Controller AoE holds go it's... kind of usable.  Certainly better than Poison Trap in Poison, at least.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.