Street Justice With Super Reflexes

Bomothius

Super Reflexes is basically the coelacanth of defensive sets in that it's stayed the same while everything else has changed around it.  It's strong without IO sets but once you factor all the bonuses in it's not quite as good as other comparable defense-based secondaries.  Still very usable, though, don't get me wrong; I'm pretty sure you can hit the defense cap without Weave.  "High floor, low ceiling" is the term that's usually used to describe it.

That said, if similar Scrapper builds are anything to go by it should work fine with Street Justice.  Some of the attacks are a little endurance-hungry but that's easily fixed, the secondary effects in the finishers is good protection, and SR's inherent recharge boost goes a long way towards both getting you an attack chain without having to take all the attacks and letting you use Crushing Uppercut as much as humanly possible.

• Like 2

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

2 hours ago, Zumberge said:

Super Reflexes is basically the coelacanth of defensive sets in that it's stayed the same while everything else has changed around it.  It's strong without IO sets but once you factor all the bonuses in it's not quite as good as other comparable defense-based secondaries.  Still very usable, though, don't get me wrong; I'm pretty sure you can hit the defense cap without Weave.  "High floor, low ceiling" is the term that's usually used to describe it.

That said, if similar Scrapper builds are anything to go by it should work fine with Street Justice.  Some of the attacks are a little endurance-hungry but that's easily fixed, the secondary effects in the finishers is good protection, and SR's inherent recharge boost goes a long way towards both getting you an attack chain without having to take all the attacks and letting you use Crushing Uppercut as much as humanly possible.

allright man, you've been a great  help !

Using it currently on a scrapper, so can't speak for brute.  I have her at 32 or 33 and she is already near the melee and ranged cap. I am using the two resistance uniques though. My only issue as Zumberg already touched on is that I seem to run out of endurance fairly easily with street justice. I slotted a miracle +recovery and a performance shifter but it feels like they don't help much, I'm usually winded after dealing with a moderately sized group.  I wouldn't call it squishy, but it works the same as any defense based set. When things miss you then it's all peaches and cream, but if even a fraction of those hits make it through, you feel all of da pain. I can probably start to add some resistance if I decide to invest more heavily into this character, but for now just playing her mostly as is with the exception of a couple of QoL uniques

I also have a StJ/SR Scrapper at lvl 35 currently, main problem with SR is that you don't get proper AoE def until lvl 35 - 36 which is when you get Evasion and get it slotted while in the early 30s you will start fighting Nemesis and DA, both with heavy AoE dmg. Regarding endurance, I've found out that the best solution is to slot attacks for extra end rdx since, at the end of the day it's your attacks eating your endurance away. SInce you have an extra 20% rchg with quickness, try slotting your atatcks with 1 x acc, 1x endrdx, and then a couple cheap set IOs 1xdmg/end, 1xdmg/end/rchg or something similar. Of course, you need also endrdx in your toggles and wouldn't be bad slotting Practiced Brawler with 1xrchg and 1xendrdx provisionally until you can later on respec out that second slot.