Does notoriety effect rewards?

dmaker

I have a 50 MA/WP Brute that I've been doing some SL farms with in AE. I can run them at +4/x8 fine and relatively unscathed (even without insps), but there are a lot of purple bosses that take a bit of time to grind down (probably 6 or more hits each). Being an MA, I don't have much for AoE. I have Dragons Tail and Mighty Judgement incarnate ability. That's about it. Those two do a good job of getting rid of minions while I just target the bosses in each group. But it can be slow going. 

I have xp turned off. Is there any reason to have it turned on? We still get incarnate xp with it off. But does having my notoriety cranked up open up any rewards other than just more influence? Should I be focusing solely on how long it takes to clear mobs vs how much influence I get from doing so? Would a lower notoriety end up in more inf per hour?

I am not a farmer, but I can explain how notoriety and drops interact:

Increasing your effective team size only increases the number of mobs, and more targets = more drops.  There is, of course, a point of diminishing returns if you are unable to clear them fast enough, so you wind up wasting time.

Level has no effect on drop rates, so if you are looking solely for recipe and salvage drops then you don't need to run at +4.  If their name shows as at least green to you, then you are fine.  Raising the level of mobs in your situation only increases their Inf rewards.

So for you, I would first try dropping their level, see how fast you clear through, and then adjust the team size as needed.  Bear in mind that while level doesn't matter, rank does.  Bigger team size means more bosses, and bosses have better drop rates.

• Like 2

"Bigger team size means more bosses, and bosses have better drop rates."

I think that is the key part I was looking for. So, I could run +1/x8 and get less influence per kill, but the same drop rate per boss? 

Thank you for the input. 

Bosses have 25% of dropping something, minions 8% and lts 10.6%.  If you can kill a group with no bosses significantly faster, you may be better turning bosses off while soloing.  Another way of looking at it is, if you can kill 5 minions or more in the time it would take to kill a boss, you're better off with no bosses.  xp/influence I think works a bit more in the favor of bosses, but I don't remember what the ratio was. 

I think threads drop with the same frequency as other loot, but I'm not absolutely sure.   

You will get less incarnate xp the lower level you go which means until you're vet level 99 you may want to keep the level higher, however faster killing also means more xp, so you have to find the right balance.  I thought turning xp off turned off incarnate xp too?

13 hours ago, Justisaur said:

I thought turning xp off turned off incarnate xp too?

I believe that he means the XP specifically for opening up the incarnate slots (Lore, Judgement etc) as you still get that xp even with normal xp shut off, but you won't get the vet levels for your freebie threads and emp merits.

In regards to the OP, yeah there's a balance to be struck. If you don't have your alpha level shift yet and don't have T3+ in your important incarnates, running at +4 is usually not efficient. +3 or even +2 may be a better option that would net you more inf/hour. Best bet would be to grab Herostats and do a couple runs on different difficulties while tracking your inf/min or inf/hour stat.

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.