Improved skins on old costume parts

mrinku

No doubt this has come up before, but there's a real divide between costume parts that were done in the earlier issues (especially anything from release) and the much later ones.

Some of that comes down to cruder mesh designs, but a large subset are just costume part skins with lower resolutions and which lack texture options. Compare, say Bikini with any of the Witch tops.

Could be a fairly easy project to get some of those skins redrafted to current (or at least Issue 24) standards. Most of the faces could do with a resolution makeover, too.

Or... has this already been done in a cosmetic mod somewhere? 

2 hours ago, mrinku said:

No doubt this has come up before, but there's a real divide between costume parts that were done in the earlier issues (especially anything from release) and the much later ones.

Some of that comes down to cruder mesh designs, but a large subset are just costume part skins with lower resolutions and which lack texture options. Compare, say Bikini with any of the Witch tops.

Could be a fairly easy project to get some of those skins redrafted to current (or at least Issue 24) standards. Most of the faces could do with a resolution makeover, too.

Or... has this already been done in a cosmetic mod somewhere? 

While I agree that many of the early designs look more like bodypaint than anything else...ESPECIALLY most 'Tops with Skin' options on female toons...I don't think they should be outright replaced.

Instead, I would suggest that we get additional options in the form of updated PLUS versions, along the lines of Hearts Plus and Angelic Plus. Honestly, the difference is so blatant from bodypaint to Plus that they almost feel like completely different options despite obviously representing the same basic design.