Bio/Dual Blades - Love or Hate Relationship

Argulus

Getting ready to try my first BIO/ tank and was wondering the feasibility of this build as a tank.  Was leaning toward making this as a Scrapper due to having had a DB/ scrapper back in the day, but I already have multiple Scrappers and wanted to make a Tanker.  Having not played BIO/ my only familiarity with it is what I have read in the forums.  I do understand that it does take a decent amount of attention, so was wanting to know if /Dual Blades and the mechanic it uses would be counter-productive to BIO's playstyle.

As always, all thoughts, insight, must-haves and leave-behinds are GREATLY appreciated.     3 ... 2 ... 1 ... Let the Tanker Masters speak forth.

TechnoPrime - Robotics/Gadgets MM

Project Exo-Fusion - Warshade

RAD Hammer - Rad/Rad Brute

Battle Master - Kin/EA Scrapper

Wave Lord - Storm/Water Defender

Bio is a rather demanding primary, in that there aren't really any clinker powers in it that you will want to skip.  Dual Blades is a rather demanding secondary: to get the most out of it you will want all of the attacks and as a tanker you will want Taunt.  Some will tell you that Attack Vitals is the only combo you want.  As a tanker, you will also want Sweep as soft control.  And Empower: your Build Up power is a combo.   And you don't have a choice about Nimble Slash.  May as well catch 'em all. 

I would prefer pairing Dual Blades with an undemanding primary like Fire, which has at least a couple skippable powers, especially if your attack set is not Fire Melee, and a lot that can be postponed.  You will want Tough, which requires a throwaway power selection, on either build.  Fire is much looser than Bio, and there are exactly four powers in the set that contribute directly to your survivability.

Edited by Heraclea
  • Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Thanks for the input.  This information was super helpful.  Will take your advice and make 2 separate toons if I decide I really want to both powersets.

Thanks again.

TechnoPrime - Robotics/Gadgets MM

Project Exo-Fusion - Warshade

RAD Hammer - Rad/Rad Brute

Battle Master - Kin/EA Scrapper

Wave Lord - Storm/Water Defender