Are Blaster attack damage procs worth it?

SmalltalkJava

16 minutes ago, TheAdjustor said:

If you spread your procs out, with a few exceptions  you won't even notice they are there and it's especially true for single target powers. Procs fire inversely according to the amount of recharge you have in your  power. More recharge equals less procs per activation (global doesn't count). With the exception of some holds almost all blaster single target powers start out cycling to fast to get the cap.

Taking fire as an example

Flares  Rech = 2.18 s cast = 1.118 s  cycle time ~3.3  s cycle time  a 3.5 PPM proc that does 71 damage will contribute an additional 7 damage damage or so here if you have

compare to blazing bolt Rech = 12 s Cast time (no idea what the proc will use but going with the slow mode) = 4.84 combined cycle time ~17s so a 3.5 PPM proc that does approximately 63 damage here

The above are just done off the top of my head and meant to be illustrative.  The next step is building for global recharge to amp up the overwhelming effect the procs have on damage output of that ability.

I'm aware of how procs work in that regard.   I mean't to suggest that there are a lot more factors to consider with respect to the viability of a proc build.   Adding a smashing damage proc, for instance, doesn't exactly equal the "off the tooltip" damage increase you might expect - I'm sure you are aware of that, but others might not be.   It really depends on what procs you have available per ability, IMO.  For instance dehydrate in water is great because it takes several damage type options.   You can throw toxic / negative energy in there and aren't limited to forms that would be more commonly resisted.