FirKin Troller - Need Help Please

Herotu

I'm looking at this ancient build from 2008...

http://cohbuilds.aforumfree.com/t51-controller-fire-kin

... things have changed. Inherent Fitness pool and the lack of reason to get the previous travel pool powers in order to unlock a travel power.

So that leaves me wondering what you do with the extra points?! Obviously, i can't remember anything about the intricacies of build creation, so I'm asking here for help!

PLEASE HELP! You're my only hope!

That build strikes me as a little unusual. It has combat jumping, super jump, super speed, and hover. 

I'd have to guess the person who made it actually likes to jump, but used super speed for soloing with stealth at high levels. The hover is probably just there for the partial knockback protection it gives or for Hami raids. The person who did this build skipped the Kinetic power that grants you and your party temporary super jump, Inertial Reduction. That's why I think he just went with SuperJump at 14.

You could certainly continue to take some or all of those depending on what your preference is. Combat jumping is a nice defensive toggle. Hasten you probably want to take anyway. Many people are satisfied with Ninja Run or Beastial Run as they're now augmented by both Swift and Hurdle. So my suggestion is just take whichever travel power(s) you want and move Hasten up a little earlier in the build.

About level 30 you will run out of primary/secondary power choices unless you take Repel or Inertial Reduction so plan to get at least 1 extra pool power of your choice. Whatever sounds good to you is fine. When in doubt pick up Leaderhip, I suppose. With Fulcrum Shift you'll eventually be reaching the damage cap so I'd go with Maneouvers not Assault.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!