PSA: Cross Punch crit rate from hide: 100%

Scrapulous

TL;DR: Cross Punch from the Fighting pool appears to have a 100% chance to crit from hide.

I usually avoid using pool attacks on Stalkers because I prefer using attacks that can build Assassin's Focus. But I took Cross Punch instead of Jacob's Ladder on my sub-50 Elec/Shield stalker, and I use it routinely now because it's my best aoe opener from hide at the moment. Chain Induction crits only on the first target hit, and Thunder Strike is slower than I want from an opener. But Cross Punch offers good buffs, does damage competitive with other melee cones, and most importantly, appears to have a guaranteed crit on every target hit when used from hide.

Since I take Tough and Weave routinely, it's an easy pick up in my builds that don't have enough aoe for my purposes. I may not keep it in the end state, but it's fantastic while leveling in teams.

Scrap

I also was looking at slotting options and proc chances in Cross Punch and looks pretty good.  

With low +Rech from both slotting or Incarnate:

Proc +Rech w/ Alpha Incarnate Final Proc %Chance
ForceFeedback (2PPM) +Rech   0% 26.17%
  +Rech 19% 22.78%
  +Rech 96% 15.76%
Dmg or -Res (3.5PPM) +Rech 0% 45.80%
  +Rech 19% 39.86%
  +Rech 96% 27.58%

So if you have Punch and Kick for the 5% +Rech bonus each, plus the chance of procing FF, then Crosspunch should add a substantial amount of Rech.  Rech that importantly doesn't count against proc chances...(unlike non-Global Rech...)

So one example of handy slotting would be

• 3 x Eradication [1 x Quad, 1 x Dmg, 1 x Dmg proc]
  • 1 x FF proc
  • 1 x Fury of Gladaitor -Res proc

That way you get 3.13 +Def E/N, 1.56 +Def Ranged, +1.8 Max End, 1 x dmg proc, 1 x FF proc, 1 x -Res proc, with +5 boosters you could also have 66% Dmg.  If you can go musculature or Intuition Alpha then you'd be at 95% dmg.   E

Edited by Dr Causality
  • Like 1