Costume Options

KalSpiro

I have a couple requests for costumes.

Considering the number of villain options that have found their way into the creator, it would be great is the Paragon Protector patterns could find their way in there, along with their helmet.

That one is probably not nearly so difficult as this one:

Is it possible to separate left and right gloves?  I know that Robotic Arm 3 is technically a separation, but I would like to see then separate universally.  Then, rather than Robotic Arm 3 being the whole arm, it could be the upper arm of the opposite arm to Robotic Arm 1.  Even better would be if three options for robotic arms could be somehow folded into all the non-sleeve wearing sets.  So we could have robot arms with our jackets and robes.

I have no idea what it would take to implement that, if any of it is possible.  If it's possible, though, I would also request that shoulders undergo the same treatment.  I know some shoulders are a solid piece, so I don't know.

Virtue Shard:

Quick Shot Kid

Liberty Vanguard

Gleaming Spark

Shadow Squirrel

Unfortunately, barring the few specifically-coded examples like the robotic arm, peg leg, and jacket chest detail options, the costume definition actually only stores data for one side of the character -- the data for one side of the character is mirrored for the other. There is actually no separate 'left glove' and 'right glove' costume data, just 'gloves', and it would require significant coding to enable the feature.

To add to srmalloy's post: that is one of the reasons why asymmetrical costume options were touted as such a big deal, such a big step forward, when Champions Online was first launched (LO! these ten years ago, now ...)

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism