Water/Ninja Blaster assistance

BeornOTNS

Hello all, so, my daughter played the original City of Heroes and now, would like to get back into it.  However, she has a concept that wasn't really available at the original time she played.  She has this "water-bender shinobi" type from the Avatar and Legend of Korra TV shows in her head.  Here is what I came up with.  I would prefer a viable build (if she dies all the time, less fun) over the perma-hasten build I have now.

Ideas? Thanks in advance!  ~Beorn

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 2.22
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Lady Sofia: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Water Blast
Secondary Power Set: Ninja Training
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Cold Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hydro Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(7)
Level 1: Immobilizing Dart -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(7), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(9), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(9), GrvAnc-Hold%(11)
Level 2: Water Burst -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(11), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Rgn-Knock%(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(15)
Level 4: Mystic Flight -- Frb-Stlth(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(17), WntGif-ResSlow(17)
Level 6: Choking Powder -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(21), UnbCns-Dam%(21)
Level 8: Whirlpool -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(23), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(23), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(25), PstBls-Dam%(25), TchofLadG-%Dam(27)
Level 10: Shinobi -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+(27), LucoftheG-Def(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 12: Tidal Forces -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 14: Dehydrate -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(34), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 16: The Lotus Drops -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(40)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 20: Water Jet -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 22: Kuji-In Toh -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 28: Steam Spray -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(42)
Level 30: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Geyser -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(45)
Level 35: Blinding Powder -- CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(A), CrcPrs-Conf%(46)
Level 38: Golden Dragonfly -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(46), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(46), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(48), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(48)
Level 41: Tough -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam(50)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Snow Storm -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A), PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(48), PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(50), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(31)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(33)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
------------

I love ALL Archetypes, but prefer to play them Blue-Side.

I should add, inf is no object.  I will do whatever I can to help her build be as fun and resilient as possible.  She will be running with me and some friends, and I have decent tanks/brutes, but obviously she will solo from time to time.

~B

need a little more details to help you ^^'...

what can be changed ?

- just set slots placement or we can ask you if she can give up some stuff (running a blaster without the resist or defense ability in the anc/epic pool usually lead to fast death)

- she want mystic fly instead of super speed or she doesnt mind ? 

- your looking for a pre incarnate build ?

- she want just to keep the primary/secondary/mastery choise and it's free for changes ? let us know the limitation 😉

without those info you may get the wrong help 

I took your wanting a viable build as one that is more sturdy so she can continue to play and it won't be that big of a deal if she wanders off on her own.  No perma hasten but you can get close if you go Agility and that will give her even more defense to work with in case of debuffs. Also the Force Feedback in Water Burst will help with that as well.  At the defense soft cap to everything but Negative and Psi and 1 small luck gets you past the cap for those.  Not optimal as far as damage rotation goes but still should be plenty of fun and very durable.

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hydro Blast -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 1: Immobilizing Dart -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Water Burst -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(7), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(9), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(9), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), FrcFdb-Rechg%(11)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(15)
Level 6: Whirlpool -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(15), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(17), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Rgn-Knock%(29)
Level 8: Sting of the Wasp -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(23), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(23)
Level 10: Choking Powder -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(25), SprEnt-End/Rchg(25), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(27), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(50), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(50)
Level 12: Shinobi -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(27), Rct-Def(29)
Level 14: Tidal Forces -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 16: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 20: Kuji-In Toh -- PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod(31), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(31)
Level 22: The Lotus Drops -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(34)
Level 24: Water Jet -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(37)
Level 26: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Rct-Def(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 32: Geyser -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(43)
Level 35: Blinding Powder -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(45), CrcPrs-Conf%(46)
Level 38: Smoke Flash -- Acc-I(A)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Rct-Def(46), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Rct-Def(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

Edited by HelenCarnate
  • Like 1

that 's a really nice build @HelenCarnate altho a bit over the top defense wise pre incarnate but i can see why you gone for that, i may probably just debate that 6 slot in whirlpool (kd proc is quite crap there, going for 5 slot and getting rid of the numina in health will allow him to go full 6 slot reactive defense in weave, placing the 5th lotg in vengeance instead of tactics being a non sniper build, achieving then more defense, better endurance ratio and perma hasten). nonetheless great build (unless the op will seek something with ice mastery, again it's a problem to know in advance  what thematic builds want ^^'.

being water a bit different playstile wise i would probably also place that gaussian in shinobi instead of the scaling (that will go in weave), and just go recharge on tidal forces (to have a easier kb on demand by charges of tidal) but guess is personal preference there 😄

Edited by Seale

@HelenCarnate, that is a sweet build!  I believe she was hoping more for the ice mastery to keep with the water concept, but, hey, that is some fine defense there.

And, is smoke flash all that useful?  I am honestly curious; I play mostly tank-style specs.

Thanks for all of the guidance everyone!

~B

I just threw it in there as kind of a panic button if she gets swarmed.  Really just needed a filler for a power slot and that seemed like a good thing for someone learning the game to have.  Super speed would work or Afterburner if she is a flyer if you want to replace it.  If she wants to stay on the ground Combat Jumping has the same numbers as hover so you can easily swap those out and get the same numbers.

Frozen armor will give you decent S/L defense as well but no additional Energy defense and instead gives fire/cold resist which is why I went Mace.  Downside is you have to do the patron arc.  With Mace and only taking that one power (that doesn't require wielding the mace) it shouldn't take away from the theme too much I would hope.  Made some tweaks based on other feedback and sacrificed a little S/L/E defense (still past soft cap) in exchange for a little more F/C defense to get it to the cap as well and added a little more recharge.  If she would rather stay on the ground with combat jumping then swap out afterburner for Vengeance.

Level 50 Magic Blaster

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hydro Blast -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 2: Water Burst -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(7), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(9), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(9), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), FrcFdb-Rechg%(11)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 6: Whirlpool -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(15), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(17), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(19)
Level 8: Sting of the Wasp -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(23), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(23)
Level 10: Choking Powder -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(25), SprEnt-End/Rchg(25), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(27), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(27), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(29)
Level 12: Shinobi -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), Rct-Def(31)
Level 20: Kuji-In Toh -- PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod(31), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(33)
Level 22: The Lotus Drops -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(34)
Level 24: Water Jet -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(37)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40)
Level 30: Weave -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Rct-Def(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Rct-Def/Rchg(42)
Level 32: Geyser -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(45)
Level 35: Blinding Powder -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(46), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(46), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(46), CrcPrs-Conf%(48)
Level 38: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Rct-Def/EndRdx(50)
------------

Edited by HelenCarnate

• 3 years later
On 8/27/2019 at 6:15 PM, HelenCarnate said:

I just threw it in there as kind of a panic button if she gets swarmed.  Really just needed a filler for a power slot and that seemed like a good thing for someone learning the game to have.  Super speed would work or Afterburner if she is a flyer if you want to replace it.  If she wants to stay on the ground Combat Jumping has the same numbers as hover so you can easily swap those out and get the same numbers.

Frozen armor will give you decent S/L defense as well but no additional Energy defense and instead gives fire/cold resist which is why I went Mace.  Downside is you have to do the patron arc.  With Mace and only taking that one power (that doesn't require wielding the mace) it shouldn't take away from the theme too much I would hope.  Made some tweaks based on other feedback and sacrificed a little S/L/E defense (still past soft cap) in exchange for a little more F/C defense to get it to the cap as well and added a little more recharge.  If she would rather stay on the ground with combat jumping then swap out afterburner for Vengeance.

Level 50 Magic Blaster

Hero Profile:
Level 2: Water Burst -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(7), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(9), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(9), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), FrcFdb-Rechg%(11)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 6: Whirlpool -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(15), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(17), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(19)
Level 10: Choking Powder -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(25), SprEnt-End/Rchg(25), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(27), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(27), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(29)
Level 12: Shinobi -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), Rct-Def(31)
Level 20: Kuji-In Toh -- PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod(31), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(33)
Level 22: The Lotus Drops -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(34)
Level 24: Water Jet -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(37)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40)
Level 30: Weave -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Rct-Def(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Rct-Def/Rchg(42)
Level 32: Geyser -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(45)
Level 35: Blinding Powder -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(46), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(46), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(46), CrcPrs-Conf%(48)
Level 38: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Rct-Def/EndRdx(50)
------------

I know this is a super old post but do you know how to open this in newer mids? or have a copy of this that i can open in newer version of mids?