Suggestion: Heavy (ranged) weapon powerset

biostem

So my basic suggestion is to create a powerset focused around ranged projectile weapons that are much heavier than the standard assault rifle.  In going over the heavy weapons already in-game, I found the below 3, and think a good set could be made from them:

Minigun:

100px-Crey_Eliminator.jpg

Rocket launcher:

100px-Crey_Juggernaut.jpg

Grenade launcher:

100px-Nebel_Elite_Grenade.jpg

Here is a basic rundown of the set:

1. Short minigun burst: moderate lethal DoT, minor chance for a fear effect

2. Long minigun burst: heavy lethal DoT, slightly greater chance for a fear effect

3. Suppressing fire: moderate cone lethal damage, applies a movement speed debuff and a defense debuff

4. Fusion-thermite ammo: toggle - adds energy and fire damage to all heavy weapon attacks

5. Frag grenade burst: Fires off 3 fragmentation grenades in rapid succession from your grenade launcher - deals moderate lethal damage in a targeted AoE, with a chance to knock the target(s) back.

6. Flashbang burst: Fires off 3 flashbangs from your grenade launcher at a targeted location, which deal minor smashing damage, apply a tohit debuff, and stun all targets affected.  I don't know if this would be possible, but what if each of the 3 grenades was its own entity, applying a mag 1.1 stun, (so a boss hit by all 3 would be stunned).

7. Ground-pounders: You fire 3 grenades in rapid succession along the ground toward a targeted location, and after a short delay, any enemies in the vicinity suffer heavy smashing damage and are knocked up.

8. Bunker-buster; You fire a high-velocity, armor-piercing projectile from your rocket launcher - deals heavy lethal damage and applies a defense and damage resist debuff.

9. Battlefield nuke:  You fire a small-yield battlefield nuclear missile at your target.  Deals heavy smashing and energy damage, as well as debuffs your target's regeneration and lessens the benefit they receive from any healing effects.

Your thoughts?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like the idea, a heavy ranged set would be good, I think the sentinel would be great for it or tank as for  sentinel the ranged would be primary and the tank it would be secondary both would have a defense as the other power set. 

Power Level as Primary Level as Secondary Effect
  Power gauntlet  1 1 Melee, Minor DMG (Smashing/Energy), Foe Knock back, Special: chance to hold (can not take accuracy's 
  Spray them all 1 2 Ranged (Cone), Moderate  DMG (piercing ), Foe Knockdown, Special moderate DoT/slow 
  Impact Cannon 2 4 Ranged (Targeted AoE) , Moderate DMG (energy/Smash, Foe -Def(All), Special: chance to disorient 
  Disintegrate 6 10 Ranged, High DoT(Energy), Foe -Regen, Special
  Quicken Attack 8 16 Self +To-recharge, - Accuracy {note this would be far faster than hasten, but is not effected by other recharge powers and is as aim only last for so long and has long recharge ] 
  Lancer Shot 12 20 Close Ranged, Superior DMG(Energy), Foe Stun, Knock back
  Game over 18 28 PBAoE, High DMG(Energy/piercing ), Foe Knockback/Special: chance to slow
  Rail cannon 26 35 Narrow Ranged (Cone), High DMG(Energy/lethal), Foes -Res, Special
  Overcharge 32 38 Ranged (Targeted AoE), Extreme DMG(Energy), Foe Minor DoT (Energy), -Def(All), Disorient, Special

2 minutes ago, Razor Cure said:

Also..the Praetorian..what are they called..COmmanders? With teh TWO miniguns on their back. SOmething like that would be awesome, combining ranged and close blasts.

They could add back options for the weapons, like those chain guns, or others sonic blast cannons, and such like from the goldbrickers 

1 hour ago, Varkarrus said:

I was even thinking of making a "Heavy Weapon Blast" powerset that would be Titan Weapons but Ranged

If you based it off of some kind of rotary weapon, like a minigun that fired slugs, grenades, and missiles, you could have a "spin-up" mechanic, where if the weapon is already "spun up", then the activation times are shorter...

• Like 1