Targeting Help

Clave Dark 5

It's been so long I've forgotten how to do this:  Back in the day, I created a button in my powers tray that, when clicked, would target the nearest foe, whoever was clostest to me.  I recall this was simple enough to do but I have no memory of how to anymore, does anyone remember this?

Thanks!

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

There's an option in the keybinds section to bind that specific function (target nearest enemy) to a key or mouse button (I usually use a thumb button on the mouse) but if you want something to click on:

/macro name "target_enemy_near"

Just replace name above with whatever you want to appear on the button in your tray. That should work but since the servers are offline right now I can't be sure if I made any mistakes (you can always right click on the macro button and choose edit to make any changes you need)

Nuclea - Rad/Rad Defender - Defiant - LoonyToons

I find this to be a better General Purpose™ macro/bind/keybind for targeting owing to the fact that it will prioritize targeting any of the special Anti-Kheldian mobs you might encounter so as to eliminate those first before falling back onto targeting whatever Foes are closest to you.

/macro name "target_enemy_next$$target_custom_next alive quantum$$target_custom_next alive void$$target_custom_next alive cyst"

The above macro is best used for ranged attackers, while the lower one is what you'd want for a melee attacker.

/macro name "target_enemy_near$$follow"

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Thanks good people!

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝