Resistance Hub Bug

AcePhoenix

Sijin asked me to post this issue I ran into earlier.

I (level 50, currently Villain) was playing through the Neutropolis Crusader storyline via Ouro (I had previously gone through the Power storyline up until level 20, but wanted to run through the others for badges). The first contact, Crow, is located in the underground Resistance hub; I teleported in through the Ouro crystal and set off for the first mission. Afterwards, I attempted to return to the hub to talk to him, since I couldn't call him yet. However, the hub wouldn't let me in, instead giving me a message about needing a passcode (I believe it's the same message you get if you're a Loyalist trying to enter). This would prevent me from progressing in the arc, since I'd be stuck on "Return to contact" until I could enter. In the meantime, Sijin got me in and I was able to finish the arc without problem.

Afterwards, out of curiosity, I changed alignment to Hero and tried running the arc again. This time, I was able to enter the hub just fine. It appears that the Resistance hubs are treated as blue areas, with Resistance being considered a blue alignment and Loyalists and Villains being treated as the same thing. I'd imagine that Rogues and Vigilantes would be able to enter just fine as well.

If you're planning to run the Crusader arcs through Ouro, please be aware of this bug! There's lots of contacts in these hubs and you won't be able to get back in if you're a Villain, so switch alignments before starting!

• 2 years later

Over two years later, this is still bugged.  Curiously enough, it only impacts the Neutropolis Crusader story arcs.  Crusader story arcs in Nova Praetoria and Imperial City are fine.

For completeness' sake in case there's something particular: My character is a level 30 Praetorian Loyalist.  I did all of the Loyalist Responsibility, Loyalist Power, and Resistance Warden story arcs naturally while leveling, (with XP disabled most of the time).  I then went onto and completed First Ward.  Before moving onto Night Ward, I decided to do the Resistance Crusader story arcs via Ouroboros Flashback.

As I said, Crusader story arcs in Nova Praetoria and Imperial City?  Fine.  However, when running any of the Crusader story arcs in Neutropolis, I cannot access the Resistance hub in Neutropolis.  Curiously, I can however use the Resistance exit back up to Neutropolis.  The only way to continue on with the Neutropolis Resistance Crusader story arcs is to go back to my SG base, click on the Pillar of Ice & Flame, and use that to teleport back to my contact.

So there is a work around, but it's not intuitive at all and I'm sure it's a show stopper for many.  I realize that anything gold side is very likely a low priority because, I mean, who goes to gold side anyway?  Still, I would like to see this bug fixed (along with all of the other bugs in Neutropolis), at some point.

As another workaround, I believe you can get back into the hub by going back to Ouro and checking the pillar to "Teleport to contact."

It does make sense though, the population trackers treat Resistance as Hero and Loyalist as Villaim.  Weird that it only blocks out Neutropolis though.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.