Linking Discord to super group chat

• City Council
On 9/2/2019 at 1:56 PM, Zinoviya Ulyanov said:

Is this possible or even allowed and anyone have any suggestions or guides IF this is allowed, thank you! ^_^

This is not something that is possible at this time, sorry!

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

@Cipheris not entirely correct in the wording. It is possible. If you want to run a personal server and do it you most certainly can and their are already programs out there to let you do it. The problem is, you need access to the server/db/auth etc to get everything setup. So it is certainly not possible to do it with the Homecoming Db/Server/Auth, but it is certainly possible to do it with a server you have spun up, which is probably what Cipher meant.

Note that I am not saying it's easy, I've looked over the programs that have already been generated to do it, these people are out and out Geniuses for getting it to work. But it does require a discord bot, and it requires a bot account that stays logged in all the time, plus the aforementioned server/db/auth access, so it is probably a good drain on server resources.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

• City Council
1 hour ago, Profit said:

@Cipheris not entirely correct in the wording. It is possible. If you want to run a personal server and do it you most certainly can and their are already programs out there to let you do it. The problem is, you need access to the server/db/auth etc to get everything setup. So it is certainly not possible to do it with the Homecoming Db/Server/Auth, but it is certainly possible to do it with a server you have spun up, which is probably what Cipher meant.

Note that I am not saying it's easy, I've looked over the programs that have already been generated to do it, these people are out and out Geniuses for getting it to work. But it does require a discord bot, and it requires a bot account that stays logged in all the time, plus the aforementioned server/db/auth access, so it is probably a good drain on server resources.

I did mean specifically in the context of Homecoming since this is what was asked (given the context of it being a question on HC's forums). Anything is possible in code, of course 🙂

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

I was pretty sure that's what you meant, but I've also had people ignore me when I tell them how game mechanics etc really work. So it sometimes pays to be precise.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.