Macro or Bind help for a disabled player

Definitive

Hi all 

Like the above says I'm hoping that someone can help me. My disability has taken typing away with fingers. I can use a mouse and one finger (left hand). I use an on-screen keyboard to peruse the net, but the overlay is hidden during game play. After clicking a "send <player> a pt, I'd like to be able to hit the + key on the numpad and have it type "I'd like to join". If there is a way I can do this account wide, that would be fantastic    

Hmmm... This may be tough.  You can do /t $target "Hello I'd like to team up!", but that would require actually targeting the other player in-game.  If the person messages you first, you could do /r "Hello I'd like to join your team.", since the /r sends a private message reply to the last person who messaged you.  Are you able to manually type in the other player's name?  If so, then you could create a bind that omits the name and you just type that part in yourself... 

What if you did this:

/bind numpad1 "lfg I am a $level $archetype looking for a team.  Please send me a tell if you're interested in teaming."

Then, once they reply, you could use:

/bind numpad2 "r Thank you for the reply.  I'd very much like to team up!"

In theory, once they message you, the r in the second command should reply just to that person.  The only other way I could think of this working would be to use an external program to allow you to rebind the paste command to one of the keys you are able to use and paste in a generic "I'd like to team up" message, after you've clicked the person's name in chat and selected to send them a private message...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Definitive said:

That would work fine! TY so much! Would this carry over account wide and could you explain where/how I implement it?  

Well, test it first, just to make sure it works to your liking.  Once you've done that, you can do /bindsave to save your current binds, then /bindload to load it up on any subsequent characters.  Just be aware that this is machine-specific, (unless you manually transfer over the keybinds.txt file).